Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex-Albion Players Returning

el punal

Now we've reached the end of the season and, fortunately, still in the Championship, it will soon be time to rebuild the first team squad. Do you reckon that any of our previous better players could/would come back and be successful?

Obviously with some it's a non-starter like Ulloa (which is a shame), Wayne Bridge and probably Glenn Murray. But how about these players returning and doing a job : Elliott Bennett, Craig Noone, Ashley Barnes, Will Buckley, Liam Bridcutt and maybe even Tommy Elphick and Adam El-Abd?

Wishful thinking I suppose, but at least we know what they're like, and surely they can't be any worse than some of the present squad.

P.S. Almost forgot a certain Mr. B. Zamora!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would consider most of them not sure about Adam El Abd being good enough even as a squad player the rest if they had the.right attitude towards us would all obviously be an asset even Bridcutt who has been slated.by most on here. BUT is that the way forward?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Would take Nooney and Barnes, doubt Bmuff will let Elphick leave, no thanks to the rest, liked Bridcutt and Buckley but their departure left a nasty taste, especially Bridcutt

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd take Barnes and S Ward. The others I'm not sure.

Barnes won't come back though. Doubt Ward would, so time to look elsewhere.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And definately move heavan and earth to get Leo back....

Orlandi, Elliot Bennett, Zamora and Buckley would be be great to get, also Noone.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Elphick and Cook (possibly) but if as expected Bournemouth get promoted thats a total non starter!

Otherwise, no. Not saying they are bad players but they have moved on and so should we!!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Now we've reached the end of the season and, fortunately, still in the Championship, it will soon be time to rebuild the first team squad. Do you reckon that any of our previous better players could/would come back and be successful?

Obviously with some it's a non-starter like Ulloa (which is a shame), Wayne Bridge and probably Glenn Murray. But how about these players returning and doing a job : Elliott Bennett, Craig Noone, Ashley Barnes, Will Buckley, Liam Bridcutt and maybe even Tommy Elphick and Adam El-Abd?

Wishful thinking I suppose, but at least we know what they're like, and surely they can't be any worse than some of the present squad.

P.S. Almost forgot a certain Mr. B. Zamora!

They have all moved on.....so should we.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only there were other soccerballists on the planet.

I'd imagine we're already making smoochie eyes at Hammond & Bridcutt so we can properly strengthen the 'holding' midfield position.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If only there were other soccerballists on the planet.

I'd imagine we're already making smoochie eyes at Hammond & Bridcutt so we can properly strengthen the 'holding' midfield position.

He may not have hit it off at Sunderland but nobody has come close to filling the Bridcutt role since he left that would then leave Kayal and Stephens to get forward.more.aided by Ince

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here