Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now we just need another 5 min...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
4 for me now. All will arrive too late even if they signed yesterday. In order of priority:

LB
ST

ACM
LW

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Need a left back, a striker and a winger. Not sure we need two strikers as Fenelon, although unproven, is adequate as a 4th choice striker.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Quality Creative Midfielder and Striker! Got a few midfielders already, but given our slow build up and total football style, this position needs to be dramatically improved? Trouble is, that type of player wont come cheap and as a guide, there are currently very few playing in the Championship??. Hope the new manager can enforce some of his own much needed tactics and ideas, and play to the strengths of our best offensive players(LuaLua,Buckley,March and CMS)

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I reckon its going well atm, lets all wait and see, the aquad is strong enough, its how we play as a team and what strategies and tactics we adopt. My biggest concern, and this is not negative, is with the manager and how he decides to play this year,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree having watched the friendlies in Spain I am not sure either Bruno or Calde are quite right for how Sami wants to play. I think Sami thinks Bruno could be better in midfield as this is where he was played in these games.
The strongest part of Bruno's game has been going forward. Maybe, as a great defender, Sami wants better quality defenders in the back 4?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think so...even if he is out injured...but let's face it on the whole we r useless at creating much from free kicks near the goal and corners

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Left back - ward
Striker - Chris wood
Wide midfielder - Ben Pringle
Center back- Grant Hanley
Attacking midfielder - Lingard

Would be playoffs minimum.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Left back - ward
Striker - Chris wood

Not Chris Wood please, he is hardly an improvement on Barnes, we need someone who doesn't need a dozen good chances for every goal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd like Ward / Orlandi / a v good striker who we prob have to spend out on / a centre back same as the striker ie we may have to spend a bit /

That will see us competitive - prob a mid table squad (which some won't see as good enough, others will be satisfied)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Left back - ward
Striker - Chris wood

I think it will be tough regardless of our squad. I think each year the competition has been getting tougher. The teams that have come down aren't just selling their best players and going with cheap replacements, they're bringing in excellent players on top of what they have. Which 2 of these teams are we supposed to finish above:
Cardiff, Fulham, Derby, Wigan, Norwich, Watford, Forest?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow people seem to have watched Stockdale / Toko / Hughes already (obviously several times)!! Haha one posters even saying if they're better than the players they've replaced :lol: gotta love NSC logic!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
O'Grady is very unproven at this level. One half decent season with Barnsley doesn't exactly inspire confidence

So it's ok to write him off before he's even played a competitive game? If he's signed as the Barnes replacement then he might not be the goalscorer, but do the hard yards that Barnes did for us. So it depends on your definition of success.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So it's ok to write him off before he's even played a competitive game? If he's signed as the Barnes replacement then he might not be the goalscorer, but do the hard yards that Barnes did for us. So it depends on your definition of success.

Where did I say I'd written him off, out of interest???...I said it doesn't insipre confidence, unless you disagree. In which case I take it your happy with selling one for £8m and replacing it with one for £500k. And you do think O'Grady will be our main man.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd like Ward / Orlandi / a v good striker who we prob have to spend out on / a centre back same as the striker ie we may have to spend a bit /

That will see us competitive - prob a mid table squad (which some won't see as good enough, others will be satisfied)

I also want Orlandi back, but only as a pay as you play style deal.

He seems to be quite injury prone and has a long standing knee problem (by the looks of it). Always seemed to be icing it immediately post game or when substituted it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here