Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Together [in 2015/16]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was impressed to get an email from the club at 11pm Tuesday thanking me for going to the match.

But I now feel less than impressed because I didn't get one. I'm hurt.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I don't think there has been any discussion yet about what our new buzz phrase is.

After 'One Team, One Ambition' we now have Together [in 2015/16] - it seems to be on everything coming out of the club right now. (I don't count 'Premier League Ready' as this was just for internal consumption but got hijacked by those looking for a stick to hit the club with).

All I'll say is that on the back of the season ticket renewal leaflet that arrived yesterday is a celebrating Calde. He bloody well better be together with us in 2015/16.

Calde is clutching the ball in that photo. When did he score a hat-trick?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Calde is clutching the ball in that photo. When did he score a hat-trick?

Special rules apply to Calde, he scored 3 in two games, that's good enough. The one that went in off his face should count for more than 1 goal anyway as touching Calde's face must be akin to being touched by God himself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest, if they gave Calde the match ball, he wouldn't KEEP it anyway, would he?

He'd either give it straight to a destitute football-mad street urchin, or auction it to raise money for aids orphans.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not really sure I consider a bunch of gratuitously offensive texts between a couple of old footballing mates on the same level as some phrase-that-pays intended as a sort of vision statement (or whatever companies call these things) for employees. Most large companies have this sort of thing, usually pinned to the wall in the canteen & training offices. I'm sure the likes of Sainsbury's have their little employee buzzwords, that aren't meant for public consumption but which emphasise what we as consumers don't bother to think: that, actually, at the end of the day, the company's raison d'être is to make as much profit as possible.

As you're talking about points having "merit", I genuinely don't see quite what yours is here. If Barber had sent Burke a text telling him that the fans are all twats, then fair one...
Yeah, as I said to Rookie I think I made my point a bit clumsily and the Mackay comparison wasn't the best (to put it mildly). To try and clarify: my point was that the audience, the content or the context is irrelevant - you've either said something or you haven't. And Barber said it. And yes I know it was just a bit of bollocks marketing-speak, but I HATE bollocks marketing-speak. And if constantly drawing attention to the ridiculous 'premier league ready' phrase means that he thinks twice in future before coming out with more bollocks marketing-speak, or foisting stupid slogans on us, well then job done. Although by the sound of it we're going to have to keep doing it 'Together' for a bit longer ...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't count 'Premier League Ready' as this was just for internal consumption but got hijacked by those looking for a stick to hit the club with.

Paul Barber used the phrase on a number of occasions in public meetings with fans, so he put it out there. Season ticket and catering prices were certainly "Premier League Ready", the fans have every right to throw the phrase back at the club when player recruitment policy and choice of manager were abject and most certainly not PLR.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Oddly, I received an email from Barber thanking me for my attendance, whilst also asking whether the vegetarian pie was acceptable and whether I had had to use the end go on one of the middle troughs in North Stand toilet number 3, aware of the concern I and some others have of their shrivelled parts being very visible in this piss-spot to those queuing for the over-used cubicles for their heavy droppages. He also said that green doesn't suit me and his favourite insect is the earwig thanks to their monstrous backend pincers. I am yet to reply, but it does make me feel that we are in this together, me and him at least.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bozza;6840164 All I'll say is that on the back of the season ticket renewal leaflet that arrived yesterday is a celebrating Calde. He bloody well better be together with us in 2015/16.[/QUOTE said:
I wouldn't read anything into that.

Elliott Bennett was the poster boy for us moving into the Amex on the back of him signing a 5yr contract. His image was on everything the club printed for the Amex!

Then before we moved, he did!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We're going off-topic here, but the PLR stuff was only for club staff, intending to be a mantra for people to deliver at the very best level they were capable of. If it was ever delivered as fan-messaging I've yet to see an example, and I'd be happy to see one.

I believe Paul Barber mentioned it, or at least answered questions about it in an argus article which is where most people would have heard it for the first time. So by addressing it he has endorsed it being publicly available.

Not that it ever bothered me, I get enough management bullshit in my own company to take on board anybody else's

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Dave uses the word together, but I think he uses another dictionary to us

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
PLR is only for us on the inside, don't mention it to the oiks on the terraces they'll only take the mick.

Why didn't I get an e mail saying "where were you, you were missed"?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I got an e-mail thanking me for going to Derby game when was not there

Then re Birmingham game that I was at I got sent a you tube video to show me what I had missed

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I prefer the new to the old.

Barber did mention PLR at least once in his programme notes and elsewhere.

But it seems the club or at least it's marketing department have finally latched onto something that makes sense. They need to massively up their game next season to get bums on seats.

For the derby game, they had I believe 6-7,000 tickets to sell to home fans and they only sold 1,000 of them against top of the table on the back of two entertaining home wins.

Results gets bums on seats but ultimately the new fans at the AMEX are used to success and are a little fickle.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bit of both. This PLR was as Darren says an internal phrase. HOWEVER whilst it wasnt plastered over the club shop with a face of the lovely Orlandi it WAS referred to by Barber in the Argus and the programme as Giraffe and ROSM said.

So by Barber admitting this and the laughable "one club one ambition" while we were sliding down the league with that hapless Sami in charge and mot doing what we should have done before he resigned, OF COURSE we would use these phrases as a "stick to beat the club with"

At one point (while Sami was balls deep into the rot and the club did nothing) i was absolutely convinced they did want L1 football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here