Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else sit near idiots at the Amex?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There's better managers than that who didn't play professionally, but that's not really the point. It's more the ridiculous notion that Knockheart is going to hear me bellow "GIVE IT TO BRUNO" and think. "Great suggestion, I wouldn't have thought of that, I'll play it straight to him". It's an odd concept.

I agree, it is an odd concept.

Passing it to Murray would be the better suggestion.

PS Struth won a total of 73 trophies during his career, making him the most decorated manager in British football history. Not bad for someone who never played the game professionally.

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
The guy I used to sit next to was a proper bar steward about players who weren't white. Thought it was funny. He was harmless, meaning that whoever's turn it was to tell him to stfu wasn't met with any aggression, he just went silent. Harmless is stretching it though, saying "look at that n****r haha" is out of order.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The two people who sitbeside me couldn't make it on Friday, so i had two newbies next to me. They arrived five minutes after kick off (fair enough, cis the trains were a nightmare,) but they left their seats on the 39th minute, and didn't come back.
Who goes to a football match and only stays 35 minutes?

Nov 5, 2012
chichester
I sit near a Welsh man who shouts get it in the onion bag loudly every time we attack. Whenever I look around at him he's got a big grin on his face and immediately catches my eye. I swear he does it to wind me up and he succeeds.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The guy I used to sit next to was a proper bar steward about players who weren't white. Thought it was funny. He was harmless, meaning that whoever's turn it was to tell him to stfu wasn't met with any aggression, he just went silent. Harmless is stretching it though, saying "look at that n****r haha" is out of order.

Someone near me at Withdean used to say loudly "That's it mate, pass it to yer bruvver" every time a black player gave the ball to another black player (whether Albion players or opposition)

I also remember when Wolves came to town and had a South Korean in the side. He spent the game calling out "Ahhhh, twenty two, forty one, special fried rice" etc. It's a special kind of xenophobia when you can't even get the country right :facepalm:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Someone near me at Withdean used to say loudly "That's it mate, pass it to yer bruvver" every time a black player gave the ball to another black player (whether Albion players or opposition)

I also remember when Wolves came to town and had a South Korean in the side. He spent the game calling out "Ahhhh, twenty two, forty one, special fried rice" etc. It's a special kind of xenophobia when you can't even get the country right :facepalm:

Did he have a West Country accent? The fella who I sat next to was from Hereford.

It's disgusting. Do people think it's funny?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't have anything like that to complain about at the Amex. My only misfortune, however, is to sit in the row with the weakest bladders in the stadium. Up, down, up, down, up, down they go. Always leave before half time to use the toilets, yet somehow are always last back. Always last to their seats at the start and always the first to leave at the end. Frustrating when the rest of us just want to watch the game.

Jan 30, 2008
the two people who sitbeside me couldn't make it on friday, so i had two newbies next to me. They arrived five minutes after kick off (fair enough, cis the trains were a nightmare,) but they left their seats on the 39th minute, and didn't come back.
Who goes to a football match and only stays 35 minutes?
i lasted 45 mins on one occasion???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
i don't have anything like that to complain about at the amex. My only misfortune, however, is to sit in the row with the weakest bladders in the stadium. Up, down, up, down, up, down they go. Always leave before half time to use the toilets, yet somehow are always last back. Always last to their seats at the start and always the first to leave at the end. Frustrating when the rest of us just want to watch the game.
taking the piss, eh :rolleyes:
regards
DR

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I don't have anything like that to complain about at the Amex. My only misfortune, however, is to sit in the row with the weakest bladders in the stadium. Up, down, up, down, up, down they go. Always leave before half time to use the toilets, yet somehow are always last back. Always last to their seats at the start and always the first to leave at the end. Frustrating when the rest of us just want to watch the game.

Edna, I believe my five pints before the game - one pint at half time - and several at the end of the match contribute to the clubs coffers.

Being sixty I do have a weak bladder tho :moo:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Me and my cohorts spent the first few seasons in the North, just behind a little section of right miserablists. They used to hate Ashley Barnes, and only really became animated when things were going wrong. I respected them because they rocked up week in week out, but I couldn't understand their mindset. We had words on occasion, and I was incessantly positive just to piss them off.
We moved to the West upper last season(unrelated to the miseries) and we were the idiots, too boisterous/sweary/drinky. The view was great, but we didn't fit in - now we're back in the North, row z to the side of the big screen, and everyone's great - feels like we could be there for some time....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Football is a funny thing really, isn't it? You have a guy on the pitch who is probably five times as good as any one of the 30,000 people watching, has had some of the best coaching available for the last 20 years, plays football ever single day, and is so good he is paid thousands of pounds a week to do it. Then you have a load of people, the vast majority of which have never played at a remotely similar standard, who all stand there and shout instructions at him, and tell him what to do.

Imagine going through the theatre and bellowing orders at the actors. Or sitting on a plane and shouting to the pilot to bank right or something.

(I'm as guilty as anyone for shouting instructions at the players by the way, but if you take a step back and look at it from the outside, it's a funny concept). They must think it's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do tend to whisper.........V1...............Rotate, to myself at take off just to make sure the Pilot is doing it right.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got to admit I've been zealously checking this thread to see if anyone is moaning about me, as I do come out with some rubbish. Especially guilty of shouting "OFF OFF" if an opposition player has even touched a Seagull.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Got a bloke a few rows behind me (west upper) who constantly shouts "Go forward" or "Kick it forward" ect. Does not matter if we are 3-0 up or 3-0 down that is all his says whilst any of our defenders have the ball. I know football is all about opinions but how clueless do you have to be to think that's how football works. Its also quite funny when we do go long ball and lose it, only to hear him moaning again. Anyone else?

Ah, West Upper F?

If not then I sit near his twin.

The last few weeks he's started having the men immediately infront of him turn round and start arguing with him about his CONSTANT negativity :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In really tense moments, say a corner kick to the opposition in the last minute, when everyone around me is losing their shit, I like to break the tension with random questions.

"If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life, what would it be?".

I'm amazed I haven't seen me on this list yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm WORRIED that the SINGLE seat NEXT to me MIGHT end up being SOLD to SOMEONE who is too STUPID to put his DATE OF BIRTH in to a computer SYSTEM. :moo:

Got to admit I've been zealously checking this thread to see if anyone is moaning about me, as I do come out with some rubbish. Especially guilty of shouting "OFF OFF" if an opposition player has even touched a Seagull.

Are you my ten year old son? He does exactly that :lolol:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Ah, West Upper F?

If not then I sit near his twin.

The last few weeks he's started having the men immediately infront of him turn round and start arguing with him about his CONSTANT negativity :lolol:

No it's got to be the guy in WSU block A, in a middle row. He does this loudly, whenever the ball is in the Albion half, pretty well whatever's happening on the pitch and irrespective of what it makes most sense for the players to do. A back pass to Stockdale, or even a pass between two of the back four has him almost apoplectic. I really think that watching a rugby match would kill him.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I've been looking for me as well. Although my problem is my choice language. This is usually aimed at the opposition or the ref.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here