Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League 2 play off final: Plymouth v AFC Wimbledon

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
As League Two finals go, this is about as good as you could ask for, I think (though whether it's as impressive on the pitch as it promises to be off it, remains to be seen).

Argyle have sold 34,000 tickets, Wimbledon 21,000. Two decent clubs run by good people (one of whom knocked the #Twats out of the semi finals :clap2:

It's a shame they can't both go up.

Form and fate would appear to be on Argyle's side, having the East dressing room, the same as Barnsley & Hull.

The AFCW story is a great one, and it would be funny to see them competing in League terms with the odious MK "Dons" again. But I've always had a curious soft spot for Plymouth, and one of our occasional Green Army contributors on here, [MENTION=18718]X Isle[/MENTION], is a mate of mine, so I'll be heartily cheering on the Greens today. Big club at that level, with huge potential if only they could find a way (well, the money) to realise it. I'd love to see them work their way back up the league again.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I want to see AFC Wimbledon to over take mk Dons. Like Plymouth too, so both a winner for me, but just edging AFCW.

I'm sure they'll be the neutrals choice, for obvious reasons. I'd be happy for them if they went up. Purely personal reasons that I'm cheering for Argyle :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Always had a soft spot for Plymouth. Come on Argyle!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]737231431768932353[/tweet]

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Plymouth for me!

Had a £1 lucky 15 pre season, 4 teams to get promoted
Burnley 4-1
Barnsley 5-1
Plymouth 9-2
Forest Green 7-2, beaten at Wembley in the play off final grrr

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
For the sake of my wife who is at Wombley today and supporting The Dons I should be cheering them on.

Part of me is a tad envious.

Oh, hugely envious (in a friendly sort of way!) here: I've been reading all the #PAFC and #GreenArmy tweets this morning. Thousands upon thousands of cars, coaches and packed out trains heading up from the West Country. It's a long old poke, as they (possibly) say in their part of the world, but imagine the joy of that journey home if they win.

Though if they lose, of course, they then have to battle back to Devon & Cornwall along their crappy roads packed with half term holidaymakers, so....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not too bothered either as I like both clubs. The fact that a Plymouth fan came up with the idea for Fans United makes me lean towards Argyle though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not too bothered either as I like both clubs. The fact that a Plymouth fan came up with the idea for Fans United makes me lean towards Argyle though.

This.

I also know for a fact some of the Wimbledon fans were not all good guys when fighting for their club.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've gone for Jamille Matt first goal (5/1) and Plymouth to win 2-1 (10/1). The scorecast is 30/1.

If I didn't have any bets on I'd still want Argyle to win. :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
>60,000 in the house for a couple of League Two clubs.

No sign of Tinie Tempah this week, but on the plus side, the lady doing the national anthem has remembered to sing it.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Would love either of them to go up, although it would be ****ing hilarious and a massive **** you to MK Dons if Wimbledon went up then finished above them.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
>60,000 in the house for a couple of League Two clubs.

No sign of Tinie Tempah this week, but on the plus side, the lady doing the national anthem has remembered to sing it.

Shouldn't that be, on the plus side no sign of Tinie Tempah this week and the lady doing the national anthem has remembered to sing it?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Don't care which one wins, both deserve to go up! AFC Wimbledon for grinding their way up the leagues instead of buying away a league place like Franchise, and Plymouth for initiating the first ever Fans United Day!

Sent from the tearglands of Massive Wednesday fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here