Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swansea v Liverpool tonight

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
the bournemouth game was the moment that sealed it for me. I’d been optimistic until that game. But as a result of that draw we just don’t have the matches left at home now to get the points required. The numbers don’t add up. The failure to recruit goalscorers in the summer has led to too many home draws and a total lack of threat away. The mentality and approach is lacklustre and we just don’t have what it takes to scrap for points.

nail on the head.

As dire as we are the bookies still have us to finish 17th after tonight’s game.

Who knows Stephens may have a shot on goal before Easter, March may find one of the forwards heads for an amazing cross, Duffy may defend a corner, Dunk scores a header & Murray stays on side for a whole match ... & we win 3-0 at Southampton

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
All about momentum and we have zero momentum at the moment... Getting very worrying now. A few games ago west brom and swansea looked dead and buried, now their tales will be up as will others around us who have started picking up points. We desperately get a couple of wins and couple of draws very minumum out of next 4 - probably need more than that even - or we're pretty doomed

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Who would you be after?

Her :moo:
tumblr_na5s23BvIT1s8ne5ko1_250.gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's hope Locadia packed his shooting boots, just one win will give us confidence - starts this Saturday way up north

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Even if we do somehow beat Saints, they still have the fashionable 'pull the trigger and appoint someone bizarre that will somehow take you on a good run of form' card up their sleeves.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Looks like all the promoted teams will likely go straight back down. Well, nothing much we can do about it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Albion getting caught between a rock and a hard place tactically while others hone theirs. Anticipating it's going to all end in tears (and not ones of joy)

I'm sorry, but Swansea had 3 shots, and 28% of the ball. Liverpool had 21 shots, 9 corners and were dreadful. We've been a lot better than Swansea were in games, but quite frankly, as per Propper hitting the post Saturday and it falling passed Hemed, Swansea get a deflection straight to a player in the box and they score. Honestly, they've done nothing tactically there apart from come up against a woefully profligate Liverpool side and got a stroke of luck themselves. We need some good fortune to go our way and fast. Honestly, it's easy to bleat on about it, but we're just not getting anything go our way.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is potentially a catastrophic result. Swansea were our one banker for the bottom three. If they win this they’re only three points behind us and in far better form. I am already struggling to find three teams we are going to finish above, but I think it goes without saying that Swansea HAVE to be one of them. We’ve got to change something or we won’t just be in the bottom three soon, we’ll be bottom. And then it really is a mountain to climb.

Not as bad as all that. Swansea have got to go to Newcastle and on the last day they have Stoke at home.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm sorry, but Swansea had 3 shots, and 28% of the ball. Liverpool had 21 shots, 9 corners and were dreadful. We've been a lot better than Swansea were in games, but quite frankly, as per Propper hitting the post Saturday and it falling passed Hemed, Swansea get a deflection straight to a player in the box and they score. Honestly, they've done nothing tactically there apart from come up against a woefully profligate Liverpool side and got a stroke of luck themselves. We need some good fortune to go our way and fast. Honestly, it's easy to bleat on about it, but we're just not getting anything go our way.

Don't forget the shambles of a game at Watford that gifted Swansea 3 points a few weeks back. They've not become world beaters overnight.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Agree 100%. Let's not pretend that Swansea performed some sort of tactical masterclass today.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keep the faith, we aren't the only team feeling the pressure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here