Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
View attachment 83050

PC Keith Palmer. Husband and father.
Ex Royal Artillery, 15 years service in the Police and a member of the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command.
A public servant stepped into the affray unarmed to confront the perpetrator and to protect the innocent.
Paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Petty arguments aside on this NSC thread, im sure we can all agree there are those out there doing far more than some of us ourselves would be brave enough to do to protect us all. As ever I am in awe of the bravery of these quiet heroes that deserve but do not demand my thanks.

The Keith Palmers of this world deserve our greatest respect.

Absolutely this.

The bravery of Keith Palmer and others who serve to keep us safe and free should never be overlooked or belittled.

Given that most people's reaction in such circumstances would be to freeze or flee, the fact that the Police officers only thought was to move towards and confront the attacker I find remarkable and for this they deserve our greatest respect.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not sure if it will ever be possible to totally stop all Islamist inspired terrorism. The numbers of people who potentially could be radicalised in the Muslim world are huge, literally millions. Very worrying. Although most Muslims probably don't support terrorism, even a tiny minority of say 2 % which is probably quite conservative equates to several million .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The police have confirmed, & the BBC revised, the number of dead to four, this morning.
The policeman, a woman in her 40s, a man in his 50s and the attacker.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
BBC reporting seven people arrested (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39363297)

Jolly quick work by the boys in blue.

"It is still our belief...that the attacker acted alone..." Head of counter terrorism, Met.

Seems as though the attacker's name is now known to both police and journalists, but the latter are being urged not to publish it yet - presumably because they want to question more people known to the attacker and don't want to tip them off in advance of turning up...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure if it will ever be possible to totally stop all Islamist inspired terrorism. The numbers of people who potentially could be radicalised in the Muslim world are huge, literally millions. Very worrying. Although most Muslims probably don't support terrorism, even a tiny minority of say 2 % which is probably quite conservative equates to several million .
Totally agree....I'd suspect 1000's were celebrating under their breath and can only see things getting worse but expected going on what's been done to the middle east in recent decades.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"It is still our belief...that the attacker acted alone..." Head of counter terrorism, Met.

Seems as though the attacker's name is now known to both police and journalists, but the latter are being urged not to publish it yet - presumably because they want to question more people known to the attacker and don't want to tip them off in advance of turning up...

This does seem logical,they know full well who he is but i know people are dying to find out who this muslim terrorist is but the boys in blue need to check out all angles and make sure before announcing his name

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

2% conservative? I'd think that's very high.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This does seem logical,they know full well who he is but i know people are dying to find out who this muslim terrorist is but the boys in blue need to check out all angles and make sure before announcing his name

I read some time ago that one police tactic is to drip feed information and watch the activities and movements of people they are watching. Their reactions to public information can be revealing.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
How many actually dead in Westminster attack?

Late afternoon into the evening yesterday seemed to bring confirmation of 4 dead in the attack in London, then late last night it seemed to increase to 5. Early this morning the figure being spouted seemed to confirm 5, but on the 8am news on Radio 2 Moira Stewart said that there 3 confirmed dead? Also, on BBC Breakfast a spokes'lady' from the Quilliam Foundation twice said that the suspected attacker was still alive? Anyone know a reliable source.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would YOU need YOUR OWN thread to discuss this?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why would YOU need YOUR OWN thread to discuss this?

I didn't NEED my OWN thread to discuss this, I just thought it was different question to what was being discussed on the main thread which I have not looked at in the last hour or so. I do SOOOO apologise if this has been mentioned on there and hope that I have not OFFENDED YOU oh great one.

Snotty knob.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I read some time ago that one police tactic is to drip feed information and watch the activities and movements of people they are watching. Their reactions to public information can be revealing.

i should imagine thats also true
see how muslim terrorists react to their new found situation.....makes sense

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Totally agree....I'd suspect 1000's were celebrating under their breath and can only see things getting worse but expected going on what's been done to the middle east in recent decades.

On the one hand you seem to be saying there is some justification for what happened yesterday, with the "what's been done to the Middle east in recent decades" bit.

But on the other hand, if the "1000s celebrating under their breath" comment refers to people in this country, I think you have got it horribly wrong. All the Muslims I know will be devastated, in turmoil and deeply worried at the moment.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Which makes perfect sense and would flush out any accomplices etc...

about 10 arrests last night is also interesting, as unfortunately these things tend to sometimes make other people involved panic and maybe commit an attack sooner rather than later if they think they maybe at risk of being picked up by the long arm of the law.

Not a time for rash comments or wild speculation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]844816246000386048[/tweet]

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not hard when you already know who he is and who he associates with.
he and associates are clearly well known to the security services.

....and, quite clearly also well known to investigative journalists, who fed the information to the BBC, who initially named and pictured the assailant in action, on the six o'clock news but by ten o'clock they had been instructed by police and security services to say nothing.
I watched the early evening coverage, saw him pictured and then could easily recognise him, as he lay on the stretcher, post shooting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here