Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monks Farm Development

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What's the latest on the hotel at the Amex?

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
They mention Manor close, but what about the Hassler estate (west way/Broadway) the other side of the flood plain? That estate floods continuously already! surely those residents need some reassurances here to? i hope the club has paid a few visits to this estate to see the 1-2 feet of water that regularly accumulates there.

but im sure they have, if ever there was a trusted developer, its Mr Bloom!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are ikea
We are ikea
Suuuuuuuper ikea,
From the saaarf

I take it this is on the land that was developed for a golf course that went phutt.

Wonder if there will be a bat collision event though

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
30% affordable housing :albion2:

download.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Knowing Brighton, there will be about six crusty people in their 70s who will manage to block it.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The traffic problem will never be resolved until they either create a bypass across the downs or make the A27 a dual carriageway from lyons farm onwards. That's where the bottleneck forms.

Traffic Jams are part of the IKEA experience though so don't expect anything different!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Knowing Brighton, there will be about six crusty people in their 70s who will manage to block it.

But.... It's not Brighton, and I think that's the point.

The Hotel was blocked in Brighton, and I feel the club realise that building anything of any significance (with a few notable exceptions) is hugely difficult in Brighton. Adur seem much more realistic and amenable.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As a resident of Lancing I very much welcome this announcement and wish all parties involved the best of luck, if this comes to fruition it will be a major boost to the area in jobs, road infrastructure and very much needed homes.

Mr Bloom you are a true Sussex philanthropist

el punal

There you have it! Instant do-it-yourself, fold-up seats for when safe standing comes into being at the Amex. Each fan will be issued with a mini screwdriver and spanner kit. A dedicated team will also be on hand to help assemble structure for those of you who are DIY-phobes (a small fee will be required). In addition each fan will be given a voucher for Ikea's Super Special Swedish Meatballs available at all the concourse kiosks. :cool:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There you have it! Instant do-it-yourself, fold-up seats for when safe standing comes into being at the Amex. Each fan will be issued with a mini screwdriver and spanner kit. A dedicated team will also be on hand to help assemble structure for those of you who are DIY-phobes (a small fee will be required). In addition each fan will be given a voucher for Ikea's Super Special Swedish Meatballs available at all the concourse kiosks. :cool:

Tut tut.. It's all about Alan Keys nowadays.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So we're going to spend 170 million on a poxy sofa shop but we can't afford to spend 5 million on a striker. Sort it out Bloom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So we're going to spend 170 million on a poxy sofa shop but we can't afford to spend 5 million on a striker. Sort it out Bloom.

Are we building Ikea for them then?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
As a local then, do you think there will be the usual local objections ?

I think it will be mixed. Some seem very pleased, others are horrified - the same people who were horrified at the thought of the training ground.

I think it will be great, and am looking forward to my garden NOT being flooded for a change!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The traffic problem will never be resolved until they either create a bypass across the downs or make the A27 a dual carriageway from lyons farm onwards. That's where the bottleneck forms.

Traffic Jams are part of the IKEA experience though so don't expect anything different!

Or encourage people to use alternatives to their cars?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here