Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we boycott the FA?

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
How can anyone think that the FA isn't corrupt - they are an organisation of authority and as we know they are all corrupt,that's how organisations with authority work.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Let's say you live in a country where you can be convicted of a crime, on the spot by one official. You can't appeal.

However, if the offence carries the most severe standard punishment allowed (let's say life imprisonment) you can appeal. You must submit your appeal in writing within a very short timescale. The appeal will be heard in secret by a panel chosen by the official authority. They will decide whether or not to allow your appeal. They will not publish their reasons.

Would you call this justice? Would you call this corrupt?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Let's say you live in a country where you can be convicted of a crime, on the spot by one official. You can't appeal.

However, if the offence carries the most severe standard punishment allowed (let's say life imprisonment) you can appeal. You must submit your appeal in writing within a very short timescale. The appeal will be heard in secret by a panel chosen by the official authority. They will decide whether or not to allow your appeal. They will not publish their reasons.

Would you call this justice? Would you call this corrupt?
well, yes I would but I hardly think that life imprisonment is comparable to missing playing a few games of football. Its a bad decision by the FA but sometimes things go for you and sometimes not. There are plenty of examples of refereeing decisions going our way. Just take the rough with the smooth and Im looking forward to this feeling of injustice carrying us through the playoffs. I just don't think every set of aggrieved fans should shout corruption whenever things don't go their way. Have faith in Steve Sidwell !!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Exactly. You have to wonder what prompted them.

I'm asking you, why would the English FA - who as far as I am aware have no history of corruption? - want Brighton to stay in the Championship

Also considering Boro had a goal wrongly ruled out of The Friday which meant if Brighton had won on the Monday the draw at Boro would have been enough.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
regardless of the fact that many pundits could not agree one way or the other, I would like to know how the FA's panel came to a unanimous decision when there was plenty of evidence that the sending off was harsh.

I also do not understand how they have conveniently 'forgotten' that Mike Dein was a couple of yards away from the incident and had immediately decided to pull out a yellow card, he was then 'tapped' a number of times by Ramires and had the yellow card knocked from his hand.

Are we to assume that any player can now attempt to influence the referee by showing an injury? To the point where he can 'smack' a referee and make him change his mind?

Regardless of whether the red stands, it is arrogance from the FA to just say it does and yet there has been no mention of Ramires' actions or any kind of statement released about why the referee had a yellow in his hand first. There has been NOTHING in the papers about this, no report on Sky Sports and it seems no one is questioning any of this except for BHA fans.

I find it astonishing that in an era of 'transparency' that the appeals system is allowed to be so secretive with no public comment or explanations given for their decisions.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I've got an idea let's boycott nothing and just get behind the team and the manager and turn a negative into a positive a cheer the boys into the Premier.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I doubt it is because they don't want brighton to be promoted or have a vendetta against us. I suggest they have done it for some other dodgy reasons, I can only guess money was involved but that is just a guess. Something is fishy though, to make a whole panel of experts make such a bizarre decision.

What dodgy reason?

It's just a shit decision.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I'm asking you, why would the English FA - who as far as I am aware have no history of corruption? - want Brighton to stay in the Championship

Also considering Boro had a goal wrongly ruled out of The Friday which meant if Brighton had won on the Monday the draw at Boro would have been enough.

Well, the appointment of Dein was as a direct result of Karanka moaning about 'that goal' and anyone who was there (I was) can quite easily confirm that not ONE of the Boro players was spoken to or given a yellow card even when they 'dived' (twice in the 2nd half), Dein just told them to get up. There were number out examples of Brighton players being penalised for small fouls which the Boro players were not pulled up on when they did the same thing. This is not blinkered eyes, this is fact and can be backed up by thousands of fans.

Now, Dein sends off a BHA player and you think the FA would admit he made a mistake when there was such publicity that he was appointed as he was 'great'? Even Rosenior came straight out and said it as it was, is he paranoid too?

The FA do not have it in for us and maybe they are not corrupt as such but the whole thing stinks and smacks of something of a closed ranks club.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I've got an idea let's boycott nothing and just get behind the team and the manager and turn a negative into a positive a cheer the boys into the Premier.

I am right behind the team and I believe we will still make it but I think we do have to discuss the FA's decision! Come tomorrow, we can fully focus to cheering the lads on and getting ourselves ready for the final push!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I know that Brighton is known as an area where people smoke the funny stuff but seriously there is some paranoia here. Why would the FA want to screw over Brighton, what agenda would they have for stopping a club with a huge catchment area and growing fan base from being in the top league?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here