Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I make the unsold seats as something like...

1,200 in open areas and 2,750 in currently closed areas (assuming shelf has sold reasonably well to clubs/schools).

If further sales are roughly equal to the number of seats currently showing as sold that are not actually sold, then we would be looking at crowd = (31,750 - 3,950) = 27,800.

1,200 in open areas and 2,750 in currently closed areas (assuming shelf has sold reasonably well to clubs/schools).

If further sales are roughly equal to the number of seats currently showing as sold that are not actually sold, then we would be looking at crowd = (31,750 - 3,950) = 27,800.

All correct apart from the easy bit! The capacity of the ground is about 1000 less than the 31750 you state!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

31,750? Should that be 30,750 = 26,800. Maths not my strong point but is our capacity 30,750......wish it was 31,750!!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
31,750? Should that be 30,750 = 26,800. Maths not my strong point but is our capacity 30,750......wish it was 31,750!!
Oops! :) I thought that 27.8K number seemed a bit high...

Of course it should be 26.8K. Hopefully some of my assumptions turn out to be conservative and we still top 27K.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Isn’t the capacity of the shelves minute? They’re really tiny.

Or have they currently closed off other more significant blocks elsewhere?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And so it seems we are heading towards a fairly hefty crowd for the game.

As much as I feel it didn't have to be this way...from time to time we need to let PB have his day...

The crowd is big DESPITE his **** up, NOT because of some PB masterstroke... we'll never know, but I believe the crowd would have been bigger without the ridiculous staggered opening... and I'm pretty sure he's managed to p1ss off a few loyal ST's buy first indicating they cannot sit in their own seat, then FINALLY relenting and allowing them to do so...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Like others, I bought my tickets early and ended up in the WSL. Wish I'd waited and could have got in our regular seats in the WSU

As I was saying...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You'll enjoy a different perspective. I sat in WSU from August 2011 for several seasons, but have since moved around the stadium and like it. Especially the lively NS blocks C & D.

You are PB, and I claim my prize! :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The crowd is big DESPITE his **** up, NOT because of some PB masterstroke... we'll never know, but I believe the crowd would have been bigger without the ridiculous staggered opening... and I'm pretty sure he's managed to p1ss off a few loyal ST's buy first indicating they cannot sit in their own seat, then FINALLY relenting and allowing them to do so...

I disagree. The club have handled this well. After the tiny CP attendance, it would have been costly to open every area of the ground.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Weren't the STHs in the South bit prevented from buying their own seats anyway? A seat is a seat is a seat....it's Coventry City.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

PB got the price right.
PB was right to allow 4 tickets per sth (This means season ticket holders can't guarantee their seats.)
PB got it wrong not opening upper tiers to start with.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the club have played this pretty well. If the lower stands had flown out of the ticket office, then they could have released the upper tiers much earlier, but they didn't.

All this fuss about ST holders being upset about sitting their own seats, its one game, enjoy being in a different part of the stadium, you're able to group together with as many people as you like. Hard to imagine we were watching from an athletics track 8 years ago, now its anger at the club you can't sit in your 'own' seat. :rolleyes:

Not that I believe there is a great swell of annoyed ST holders to be honest.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I disagree. The club have handled this well. After the tiny CP attendance, it would have been costly to open every area of the ground.

Had it been opened from the outset, STH's would have had the chance to sit in their own seats. The crowd figure would have been the same or more (some only like their own seats, so could have lost some). There is no argument that can suggest that this approach has maximised the size of the crowd. It can only be the same or lower as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here