Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ezri Konsa

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
From Alan Nixon’s Twitter:

Brighton. Winning race for Ezri Konsa at Charlton. Serious cash. Big rivals. Should get done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Be very surprised if we beat Liverpool and Everton to him. If we do all credit to the club looks as if we are getting a very highly rated young player

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has Tony sanctioned an almighty spending spree this month ? ???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I hope so, unless he wakes up, checks his bank balance and screams in pain before phoning Barber and Winstanley..."You spent how much?!"

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Was just thinking the same. There seems to be credible rumours for a lot of transfer action at the moment.
Am I right in thinking that "investing" in players (especially young ones) is considered part of the business of a top club now? Transfers aren't as much about providing current 1st team players as they used to be.

It would be a great thing for us in the long run if Tony and his team can turn out to be exceptionally good at this (and it is obvious that they might well be). In the short term we could also do with one or two ready to hit the ground running. :)

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Be very surprised if we beat Liverpool and Everton to him. If we do all credit to the club looks as if we are getting a very highly rated young player

He's a young player so (it should) not just be the money. Depends on what he thinks his prospects are for breaking into the first team. I'd suggest that he's probably got more chance here than at either of the scouse teams.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I remember, before the season started, reading something about club giving the majority of the squad that got us promoted a chance to prove themselves in the Premier League. Seems like the club has seen enough and decided now is the time to kick sentiment into touch.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
From Alan Nixon’s Twitter:

Brighton. Winning race for Ezri Konsa at Charlton. Serious cash. Big rivals. Should get done.

That's the end of that then. Shame. If Alan Nixon says it, it's definitely not happening.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I always thought Nixon was quite accurate, and never mentions the Albion. Oh well, win some lose some.

His reputation within the biz is that he had one or two decent sources but since Harry Redknapp and a few others have left the building many of his trails have gone cold.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I remember, before the season started, reading something about club giving the majority of the squad that got us promoted a chance to prove themselves in the Premier League. Seems like the club has seen enough and decided now is the time to kick sentiment into touch.

So many clubs fall into that trap should of been a clear out from day one

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So many clubs fall into that trap should of been a clear out from day one

It's a double edged sword, change too much too quickly and you lose the team spirit. I think this considered approach is the right one.

We're still in a good position to stay up and can now off load some of our unwanted players for premier league prices.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Konza would only go into the DS and disappear into the football equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle with all the other young players that we have signed and have never been seen again.

What happened to the highly-rated centre-back that we signed from Motherwell? What has happened to the Czech right-back that we signed from Viktoria Plzen, the champions-elect of the Czech Republic? The young Dutch winger that we signed in the summer has already been offloaded. There are several other similar cases that I could mention. We signed the sought-after Adam Chicksen, and look what happened to him. We turned one of our own, JFC, from an enterprising, attack-minded midfielder into a plodding carthorse who could not pass the ball more than five yards and then only backwards or sideways. What might we yet do to Connor Goldson and his career?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here