Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Realistically, we should be trying to get Mourinho in.

I don't think he'd come; but in any case, I'm not sure he's passionate enough either. Running up the touchline is good, but it does seem a bit fancy dan foreigner to me. What's wrong with going red in the face and kicking advertising hoardings? Why we have this inferiority complex about English managers is beyond me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thanks! I'd heard the name, didn't know if he was one of these who gets the stories first or not.

As you were, then

Well, he's a West Ham fan who has certain sources through his job but I think anyone reading today's papers could have made that prediction so I doubt he's basing it on much. If, indeed, it is about us. Trying to think of other Champ clubs about to sack their manager...Cardiff? Birmingham? Leeds?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Two rweasons for TB to smile.

1) He talked OG out of resigning. or

2) OG is going to walk away a la Ollie at Palace and recommend a Spanish equivalent of Tony Pulis.
Did someone see him smiling?

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
I am a little perplexed by all of this as it appears that Oscar has offered to resign not actually said he is resigning. To me it is a case of him saying " I failed to get promotion so do you want me to go or are we going to have a budget to enable me to try again next season or would you rather I leave and you bring in a new man".

This is how I have perceived it too. I think he is trying to make the same point Gus did last season, just in a more respectful way. Plus Gus loved himself and was basically putting an advert out to Prem clubs. I don't think Oscar has done enough to make him wanted by any Prem clubs.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Resignation Accepted:
[MENTION=12499]Quentin[/MENTION]smith1: Breaking Oscar Garcia exits Brighton as head coach. Resignation accepted. Follows play offs defeat at Derby. More on BBC SE today BBC1 6.30

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Well, he's a West Ham fan who has certain sources through his job but I think anyone reading today's papers could have made that prediction so I doubt he's basing it on much. If, indeed, it is about us. Trying to think of other Champ clubs about to sack their manager...Cardiff? Birmingham? Leeds?

Norwich

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Fine, what about Fergie? worth a shot?

I'd be happy with Ferguson, and he's got a good record of getting results with a substandard midfield. I just don't think he'd take the job, to be honest. Certainly not without a greater say over transfers, anyway.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
As posted on another thread - Very telling in my opinion - thanks Tony Bloom and Paul Barber - shouts volumes that the issue is with Burke <<< how I read the open letter on the club homepage

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Why did he sign a 3 year contract? Either he failed to research the job or he's a quitter. Can't do him much good resigning from every head coach job on an annual basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here