Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were you when you were sh*t

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I thought this would be a thread about JFK. He wouldn't remember, though.

Barring their club anthem, does Reading fans have chants? They're dead quiet, I would say the Arsenal of the championship but they'd take that as a compliment.
Had the joy of a fa cup semi final a couple of seasons ago and struggled to find one proper fan from the Reading and arsernal fans???

Attachments

• 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 270

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Their funniest song was 'we've got the record, 106'. I think we were supposed to feel inferior, but we could only laugh.

Can't believe they are STILL banging on about that. Who makes a song about a points total from over 10 years ago?

Nothing will beat their excellent Orlando Sa effort to the tune of Gold by Spandau Ballet a couple of seasons back :ffsparr:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't buy this "when we were shit" business. We're playing in the Championship - that's all. We're not in the Premier League, just knocking on the door in the second tier yet every season we've been in this league at the Amex our attendances have been phenomenal - the renewal rates for STs is exceptionally high. And this is great news IF we go up because match tickets will be in huge demand but there's so few of them that we won't get many day-trippers and glory-hunters. Our stadium will be full of proper fans who have been very loyal as they do now even though we've won nothing yet.

Where were you when you were shit? Look around the ground and pretty much all of us have been here for years.

Don't take it so personally. Sometimes you're soooo me :facepalm::lolol::wave:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't buy this "when we were shit" business. We're playing in the Championship - that's all. We're not in the Premier League, just knocking on the door in the second tier yet every season we've been in this league at the Amex our attendances have been phenomenal

Don't be daft, the 'new stadium factor' was going to die out after 3 years :wink:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Regardless of ancient points totals and league positions, Reading FC, Reading town and Reading fans always have been, are now, and always will be SH*T. And as a point of order, when the Albion were IN the sh*t rather than BEING sh*t, thousands of us were fighting tooth and nail to ensure we still had a club which might one day grow into what it is becoming today.:amex::bhasign:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Do they? They have one song as Quinney rightly points out.
They sounded loud to me in the family section. I thought they were singing before they scored but didn't they score in the first minute anyway so to state that they only sung when they went ahead was not a valid point.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
In the late 90s their average attendance was similar to us, e.g. 7-10,000, and since they've been at the Madjeski they've averaged about 17,000 in the second tier. Their best years were in the top flight when they averaged 23,000.

Tin pot truly, and a very similar level of support to the lot up the road.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Despite obvious bias, I don't think Reading fans are necessarily bad on the level of some clubs. We are a odd bunch and very fickle, when we want to be we can create brilliant atmospheres (Palace in the Cup last year, Bristol City this year) but just not consistently. It's a frustration for me.

On any given game if the team turn up, we tend to turn up and make noise. Last night the team didn't turn up at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here