Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holland Vs England - ITV

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree. I thought Rose had a poor game though.
Both he and Grippier seemed unable to cross a ball without clearing it into touch on the other side.
Thought Walker looked quality. He has improved tremendously under Pep at Man City.

I thought the same about Rose, until the commentators pointed out that through injury he’s barely played for months. Perhaps as his game unravelled, Southgate should have substituted him earlier?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fixed for you.

:D

Is the correct answer.

Now we have to wait for the obligatory 'well Davy says it wrong' post in about half an hours time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Most are wrong then I’m afraid
No you've miss interpreted the post.

When BG says MOST he mean ME.
He then extrapolated that out to everybody else because, naturally, "everyone agrees with me".

This phenomenon can't be summed up any more perfectly than this from earlier:-

Hoddle and the studio staff all agreeing with my assessment that the only let down is the final ball into the last 1/3rd. I think an England win is on the cards.

I still want to call him Danny Propper, but that's what ! do, nobody else.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
‘Most’ are wrong then I’m afraid

No you've miss interpreted the post.

When BG says MOST he mean ME.
He then extrapolated that out to everybody else because, naturally, "everyone agrees with me".

This phenomenon can't be summed up any more perfectly than this from earlier:-

I still want to call him Danny Propper, but that's what ! do, nobody else.

I asked my son as I thought that I cant be the only one who pronounces it wrong and he confirmed to me that EVERY Brighton fan he knows pronounces it as proper including MOTD so we must all learn.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree. I thought Rose had a poor game though.
Both he and Grippier seemed unable to cross a ball without clearing it into touch on the other side.
Thought Walker looked quality. He has improved tremendously under Pep at Man City.

Walker was top class before pep got near him, it’s just fashionable to give pep credit for everything.

He’s still got a brain fart in his locker though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the time I thought Levy did very well to get £50m for Walker when they had an equal in Trippier to step up. They have however pushed Aurier instead but I must say that Walker was a revelation as the right sided CB. Watching him Stones and Maguire showed why Dunk doesnt get a look in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What this match really highlighted was that England, given potential opposition as well as known, can reach the Quarter Finals of the World Cup this time. But probably not beyond.

An Eriksson Exit.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I asked my son as I thought that I cant be the only one who pronounces it wrong and he confirmed to me that EVERY Brighton fan he knows pronounces it as proper including MOTD so we must all learn.

FFS...it has an UMLAUT!! You can't just ignore this because we don't have them in English. The Albion fans that you and your son know are pronouncing it wrong. That is simply a fact.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shame to see over 100 English "fans" arrested in Holland.

Why is it impossible for these morons to have a drink and enjoy their day without causing trouble?

You’re not aware what happened tbf and to label those that got arrested (many totally innocent) as ‘fans’ or morons isn’t fair. There were a lot of idiots over here without doubt but also some disgusting heavy handed policing. Oh well, everyone will believe what they read in the gutter press I suppose.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Do you want to tell him about Knockaert or shall I?

I remember hearing ‘Ker-know-cart’ when we played Birmingham away last year from the sky commentary. I wanted to punch the screen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At the time I thought Levy did very well to get £50m for Walker when they had an equal in Trippier to step up. They have however pushed Aurier instead but I must say that Walker was a revelation as the right sided CB. Watching him Stones and Maguire showed why Dunk doesnt get a look in.

I’m no Spuds fan, but Walker’s been quality for club and country for several seasons. Pep hasn’t done that. It’s simply been more of the same from Walker.

boik

FFS...it has an UMLAUT!! You can't just ignore this because we don't have them in English. The Albion fans that you and your son know are pronouncing it wrong. That is simply a fact.

So I'm assuming that when you talk about the capital of France you always pronounce it "Paree" then? There's nothing wrong with using an Anglicised version when talking to fellow English speakers surely?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You’re not aware what happened tbf and to label those that got arrested (many totally innocent) as ‘fans’ or morons isn’t fair. There were a lot of idiots over here without doubt but also some disgusting heavy handed policing. Oh well, everyone will believe what they read in the gutter press I suppose.

Or on Twitter. There's plenty more where this came from.
https://twitter.com/AdamTK421/status/977228704958042112

[tweet]977228704958042112[/tweet]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here