Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Friday night EATING thread

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm having 6 pints then 4 cans. I had breakfast which has been my only meal of the day for the last few weeks.

Maybe push the boat out and go the Hassocks chippy. It's awesome.

Just realised how hungry I am now.

Large cod, medium chips, battered sausage and curry sauce for me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Drinking and takeaways is mostly saved for game days

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's Friday right, therefore it is automatically, and by law .... Chippy Friday.

End of thread.

You have not been charged for this information.

You might be right. I need to cycle for 15 minutes to get to a chippy. That ought to burn the calories of perhaps 6 chips, so I can go LARGE. Nice. A fishcake for the missus - no euphemism intended.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm having 6 pints then 4 cans. I had breakfast which has been my only meal of the day for the last few weeks.

Maybe push the boat out and go the Hassocks chippy. It's awesome.

Just realised how hungry I am now.

Large cod, medium chips, battered sausage and curry sauce for me.

Sounds alright
They do that food as a deal over my chippy for 4 quid (but the cod is medium and the sausage isnt battered). Tempting

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Blue cheese and cauliflower pie being made for me with a salad dressed in an apple cider vinegar (home made), olive oil, garlic and mustard dressing.
Followed by a blackcurrant (frozen from the allotment) clafoutis with Greek yoghurt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Home matches usually result in Spag Bol as wife doesnt know what time we will be home so it is easy to precook then reheat the sauce as the spaghetti only takes a few minutes to cook.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Sounds alright
They do that food as a deal over my chippy for 4 quid (but the cod is medium and the sausage isnt battered). Tempting

£4???? It's £6.25 just for a large cod here. But it is massive and bloody nice. It's better than a lot of fish I've had in restaurants. With double fried chips as standard.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Burger,chips,and barbecue beans,followed by raspberry trifle with squirty cream.:drool:.Possibly followed by some of Hereford's finest.:thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Home matches usually result in Spag Bol as wife doesnt know what time we will be home so it is easy to precook then reheat the sauce as the spaghetti only takes a few minutes to cook.

Do you expect your dinner to be on the table WHEN I GET HOME?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
£4???? It's £6.25 just for a large cod here. But it is massive and bloody nice. It's better than a lot of fish I've had in restaurants. With double fried chips as standard.

Yep 4 squid and you can choose between fishcakes, sausage, roe and all sorts with 2 options what sauce etc etc

And a slice of bread and butter costs a pound to I just make that at home, it cheap and massive and good quality

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
GF is taking me to Duddell’s as part of my birthday present. If it’s as good as the highly-feted original in HK, I’ll be mightily impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here