Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Can't see it. Think that is it regarding strikers. We certainly need another midfielder. We won't play with 2 up top.

Maybe not start with 2 up, but i can see us using it if we are chasing the game. Worked well v Palace (shit opposition aside) and we switched to it v West Brom.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To much knowledge nobody has accused them of being incompetent/lazy/waiting until the last minute etc.
Why would they be like that while on holiday. :lolol:
Had a serious WTF moment reading your post - until I read the second line!

I'm not ITK, but probably a combination of all three. Add to that, PSV have signed another striker to replace him.
Ah yes, a 'chain' - I hadn't thought of that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not ITK, but probably a combination of all three. Add to that, PSV have signed another striker to replace him.

Agree...combination of factors. Good example of what makes these things so complicated. Guess we’ve got to learn to let the club get on with it. The post-Burke record is pretty good to be fair.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In this chain will that signal the moving of SB or TH next week? I would think that if we are still looking for attacking alternatives be it midfield or striker it would be yes but if not we wioll stick with the 4. Just bringing in another CB to allow Goldson out on loan.,

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So the recruitment team was working behind the scenes long before the window opened - wow! - that's one in the eye for all the naysayers who piped on about them being incompetent/lazy/waiting until the last minute etc.
Given that we were interested back in the summer though, and have been keeping tabs and contact actively ever since, I do wonder why the deal wasn't concluded until the 19th. - it would have been a real coup to have done this on January 1st. - and would have stopped a lot of doom, gloom and misery on NSC! Anyone ITK? PSV reluctant to sell? Locadia's injury? Agent holding out for more?

I agree with [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] 's answer but it's also worth calling out that even if we had it over the line on 1 Jan he couldn't have played - therefore the injury would mean, to me, that the recruitment team had a bit of leeway to get the deal absolutely right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree with [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] 's answer but it's also worth calling out that even if we had it over the line on 1 Jan he couldn't have played - therefore the injury would mean, to me, that the recruitment team had a bit of leeway to get the deal absolutely right.

Well, I guess we've saved two and a half weeks wages! When did he actually get injured?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In this chain will that signal the moving of SB or TH next week? I would think that if we are still looking for attacking alternatives be it midfield or striker it would be yes but if not we wioll stick with the 4. Just bringing in another CB to allow Goldson out on loan.,

I think in an ideal world (and in no order of priority:

1x CB (to let Goldson go out on loan)
1x CM (to cover Sidwell injury plus add depth)
1x Winger (To replace Murphy/Skalak, and add pressure when Knocky/March/JE are misfiring)
1x AM (to replace Brown/give Gross a rest).

If we got those, it'd be incredible. I very much doubt we will, maybe one or two of those.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Not until we bring in yet another striker.

We have finally at long last moved from having 3 strikers to having 4.

Please let's not go back to 3 again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, I guess we've saved two and a half weeks wages! When did he actually get injured?
December the 10th.

Our future striker being injured rounded off the miserable weekend when we lost to Huddersfield.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think perhaps we will be looking at another SB type of player or an advanced midfielder to give Gross competition. Lets just hope they can secure him this week. Our chances of survival would be greatly improved if they can. As regards Kayal I see him as adequate cover for Propper and Stephens but we still need to replace Sidwell in the squad.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Happy with this one. Can play in 3 positions and is very good with both feet. Maybe we can go back to PSV and see if they will let us have Hirving Lozano too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

1x Winger (To replace Murphy/Skalak, and add pressure when Knocky/March/JE are misfiring)

If we got those, it'd be incredible. I very much doubt we will, maybe one or two of those.

Agree, although not sure we need the AM - get Kayal back to his best and Propper can play there

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

We are well stocked with Wingers as Jurgen has played more than half his career there and is a very good one, much better than Brown and a solid 4th choice. Even if Skalak & Kaz leave, we have still have Tilley, Bjordal, Rosenior and Schelotto who can cover.

We need the following:

1x CB (to let Goldson go out on loan) - Charlton lad.

1x AM/CM (to cover Sidwell and back up for Groß in our 4-4-1-1) Cairney would be my choice.

1x No9/Striker to replace Baldock or Hemed (and Murray long term) Dembele would be good.

Out go:

Goldson on loan
Kaz
Skalak
Hemed or Baldock

We’ll then have the players to go 4-3-3 at home against the bottom 13 teams and turn a lot the draws into wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here