Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

• Yes I do

Votes: 152 68.5%
  • No I don't

Votes: 70 31.5%

• Total voters

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
My problem with it is this.During the Amex era I have been to 42 away fixtures more than some not as many as others. I was a season ticket holder at Withdean but cancelled my ticket for one season for financial reasons in order to fund a trip to New York for my Daughter. Under the new scheme I was awarded less points than a fan that had a season for the whole Amex era that had attended 0 away matches, I have excepted the situation but the scheme has effectively barred me from away games which is disappointing!

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Broadly speaking, yes it is.

It needs tweaking though: games where the tickets are exceptionally cheap (Bournemouth in the cup) or where the game is clearly considered a glamour fixture (Arsenal away) should not attract additional loyalty points in my view. Apart from that, I have no issues with it.

Any match that sells out doesn't get loyalty points and loyalty points for cup tie tickets are only points for that competition

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't do away games much (work/family commitments) but I think it's somewhat unfair that a 1901 member who pays extra money for extra product at home should get preference for away games.

I think home loyalty points and away loyalty points would be a better, albeit more complicated, way to work it. Home points would give non-STH dibs on attractive cup fixtures and away points would give dibs to those who have done the less attractive awaydays in the past.

1901ers no longer get any extra LP. That went when the new system was introduced.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The state of the data is if you purchased a ticket your name and seat number was on that ticket , what would be the point of doing that if the club weren’t collating data ? Anyway I’m just bitter is all ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Still don't understand this really. Just looked back at the 2 nil win at Barnsley in Feb...us and Newcastle miles clear, lovely crisp sunny Saturday afternoon game yet we could muster only about 1,000 or so. 10 points for that I believe.

I would say overall the system is fair. Nothing is perfect, but the current one is as close as I can see being fit.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Am I correct in thinking that loyalty points only go to seats with names/fan numbers in the 1901 area and away tickets cannot be sold to businesses who have a number of seats?

I don't know (my ticket is a single, personally bought one). It's a good question. It's probably moot though: if they haven't been to any away games previously, they'd only have the LP for a max of 6 Amex seasons = 180 LP. I think I'm right in saying that that wouldn't have been anywhere near enough for tiers 1 or 2 for any away games this season.

You might respond by saying that there's a point of principle at stake. I'd agree. We'd need the owner of a block of business-related 1901 seats to comment.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't know (my ticket is a single, personally bought one). It's a good question. It's probably moot though: if they haven't been to any away games previously, they'd only have the LP for a max of 6 Amex seasons = 180 LP. I think I'm right in saying that that would be nowhere near enough for tiers 1 or 2 for away tix.

What if the business who have multiple seats, have in the six years always purchased away tickets for each seat and given them to clients, then surely by now they will certainly be up in the higher points range.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What if the business who have multiple seats, have in the six years always purchased away tickets for each seat and given them to clients, then surely by now they will certainly be up in the higher points range.

That seems an unlikely scenario for a business when we were in the Championship, but not impossible. As I say, I don't know the answer to your question.

Edit: Hang on - I missed something! If they've always been doing it in prior seasons, then I'd assume they'd be able to do it this season too. Whether they have been able to do it in prior seasons is not something I can answer though.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not really it does not reward students in Bristol but it does reward a student at Lincoln as he remained loyal and attended away matches

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
That seems an unlikely scenario for a business when we were in the Championship, but not impossible. As I say, I don't know the answer to your question.

I know it happens and have myself been the lucky client to have been taken along. Believe it or not I was even taken to Gillingham and treated to corporate.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Still don't understand this really. Just looked back at the 2 nil win at Barnsley in Feb...us and Newcastle miles clear, lovely crisp sunny Saturday afternoon game yet we could muster only about 1,000 or so. 10 points for that I believe.

I would say overall the system is fair. Nothing is perfect, but the current one is as close as I can see being fit.

Indeed, took 1400 to that I believe with space for c5000 more, good game as well.

Not sure people entirely get the point of a rewards system if, upon reaching the top, we revert to a round robin. For someone who attends most games, to be told that I am permitted only to attend 5 or fewer away games this season just because we're in the PL and everybody wants a chance, would not go down well.

That said, the Season Ticket loyalty points are completely unnecessary. I'm not sure whether it's to encourage ST sales or to encourage more ST holders to attend away games for the first time so they can get a taste for it, but surely after a season in the PL we'll discover pretty much everybody of age who will likely attend an away game. Those non-ST holders who can't get tickets this season will still have a record and some points from previous seasons over and above the ST buffer that will hopefully be done away with.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know it happens and have myself been the lucky client to have been taken along. Believe it or not I was even taken to Gillingham and treated to corporate.

Ah. Corporate is a different thing though. I'm buying 6 corporate tix for Chelsea away on Boxing Day (long story!) - that's totally outside the Albion loyalty scheme; I'm buying them direct from Chelsea.

Have you been given a standard away ticket for a game where the owner of the 1901 seat that the away ticket was allocated to was a business, and where the game was still in a restricted LP bracket? If the game had effectively gone to general sale, I don't see it as a problem.

No edge to my question; I'm just curious.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I voted yes.

I've said on other threads I couldn't devise or defend a better system and it seems those who have put in the miles already get the rewards which is the way it should be. Am slightly concerned that it's going to be hard for youngsters to break in to and for families to go together but otherwise it's fine.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's not far off being okay.

Changes I would like to see:

5-10% of allocation held back for 100+ pointers

Resale tickets which come back up for sale to be offered in line with original points allocation not the when it sold out date level.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes, I do, I would just make a minor tweak so that, say, 10% of tickets go on a ballot and circa 100 go to people who live in the north, for games in the north.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Ah. Corporate is a different thing though. I'm buying 6 corporate tix for Chelsea away on Boxing Day (long story!) - that's totally outside the Albion loyalty scheme; I'm buying them direct from Chelsea.

Have you been given a standard away ticket for a game where the owner of the 1901 seat that the away ticket was allocated to was a business, and where the game was still in a restricted LP bracket? If the game had effectively gone to general sale, I don't see it as a problem.

No edge to my question; I'm just curious.

No I haven't. If I had, I would have known the answer to my own question. But as I am retired now it is unlikely I will ever be asked again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here