Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are they going to top this?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This track has been largely on repeat for me for the last year and watching this still has a tear welling up.

Just how are the Albion's video wizards going to top this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdAdiuDXu8

It's our turn, I've been saying for a few years it's our ****ing turn. Everyone else has had a try at the premier league. Every single person involved with this club DESERVES it. It's our time

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bloody Hell I miss Bobby and Calde

This. I know life goes on and the team evolves (often replaced with better players), but they were bloody legends – Greer too. I'm guessing Kaz (who probably had his best spell with us at the beginning of that campaign) has probably played his last game in an Albion shirt.

In answer to your question, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I don't think they'll have any problems finding equivalent footage, given the quality of some of the goals the team has scored and all the emotional stuff surrounding Knocky, his dad and THAT celebration. Choice of song is a tough one. I doubt they'd do it again, but Ashes would be a great shout.

Failing that, what about 'Moving on up' by M People (if promoted) :jester:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If.... IF we go up this year. It will feel very much to me like this this was a 2 season campaign.

I don't think it's very often that a squad stays so largely unchanged, with so many playing such an important part and who seemingly improve in every area together.

Every lesson we could have learned from last season we have done so far... it's just that last one.. Getting over that damn line.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Could we get both of them to the Amex as guests of honour for the last home game of the season? A fitting tribute to two players who have done so much for the club.

Along with Peter Ward, Alan Mullery, Gordon Smith, Robbie Reinalt, Atilla, Paul Samrah,John Prescott, Dick Knight and so many more we are a fantastic club and this IS our time

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Last season was of course so different for it being so unexpected. We did much of in style too. This time around the chic has left us a tad, and whilst we perhaps didn't wholly expect to be where we are, we thought, nay knew, we'd be challenging. Still great, but last season had a greater sense of romance and the spectacular.
The video will have me a touch tearful, of course. A young Newcastle fan said he'd like to see me weep this season, which I said I would wholeheartedly when promotion was ours. I might have someone send him a video of my sobbing, whatever the cause.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The final third(ish) of this would be a good place to start (music included).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Funny you say that...

One of the discussions we had on Saturday was whether this season was as "special" as last. For some reason, to me at least, it feels less so, although i did venture that the international break had stifled things somewhat.

The happy ending that IS coming will make it more special ultimately.

(I wish we'd gone up last year - for Calde, for Bobby, for GG and for sobbing Bruno.)

I have moments when I feel like this and I think for me it's because this somehow feels a little easier, a little more less unexpected. I was so confident we would be up there this season once we signed Murray that it hasn't been a surprise to me.

That said some of the last minute winners and tight games have given me the same feeling, and I think going up with some comfort will ultimately be a lot lot better than not going up last season, IF IF IF we go up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There's plenty of moments to capture this season. Birmingham and this for example:

[tweet]815998963795062784[/tweet]

Ignore some of what I said above, this and the Birmingham winner were epic!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd say it is definitely as special, we've had some amazing moments this year which makes it special, I think people might think it less so because A. It was expected for us to push on rather than the unexpected run we went on and B. the massive amount of flash points at the end of the season.

We've had Wednesday win away, Norwich dismantling, the Leeds drama and win, the incredible end at Birmingham, another great awayday at Fulham, the overcoming the odds at home to Wednesday, the loss to Lincoln and the subsequent slump, the worrying and the drama with that, the Hemed 3-3 at Brentford, the 50/50 win loss type record since Newcastle leaving everyone constantly shitting themselves and watching Hudders below. The Stockers peno saves, the Sidwell halfway line goal, Knockys dad and the passion there along with the rest of the club going to France. I reckon I have probably missed some too but this season has had just as much if not more drama and passion in it than last year. Expect at LEAST one more last minute goal for or against us to cause drama too.

Yeah, I'll go with that. That period from late November through February was tense as, turning the games round against Fulham at home, Villa, Birmingham, Fulham away, Wednesday and Brentford, was a complete rollercoaster of emotions, with us losing in all of them - well almost losing against Weds - and ending up with 4 wins and 2 draws - and as you say that period was topped and tailed by our first ever win at Weds, thrashing Norwich and then taking apart Reading and Derby. That's where this season was won.

Since then its fallen into a more stable pattern of solid wins where it was expected and the odd defeat where it might be expected, but don't forget what an exhilarating period that was in the middle. Now we're all just waiting nervously for the inevitable, and maybe an exciting battle for the title?

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If.... IF we go up this year. It will feel very much to me like this this was a 2 season campaign.

I don't think it's very often that a squad stays so largely unchanged, with so many playing such an important part and who seemingly improve in every area together.

Every lesson we could have learned from last season we have done so far... it's just that last one.. Getting over that damn line.

Very much agree. IF we do go up this year then the pain of last year will be part of the joy this year. And those players who left us after last season will absolutely be part of the squad spirit and resilience this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here