Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will LuaLua ever become our Bolasie?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Both explosive, direct wingers, roughly the same age, build and height, both from DR Congo (although this is slightly irrelevant). Both played in the lower leagues, Bolasie much more so. On their day, you could argue that both are match winners.

Just wondered whether, at the higher level, Kaz could ever become our Bolasie and really, really start tearing opponents new bottoms.

If not, why? Is he just, bottom line, not good enough or is our coaching not bringing out his best?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Both explosive, direct wingers, roughly the same age, build and height, both from DR Congo (although this is slightly irrelevant). Both played in the lower leagues, Bolasie much more so. On their day, you could argue that both are match winners.

Just wondered whether, at the higher level, Kaz could ever become our Bolasie and really, really start tearing opponents new bottoms.

If not, why? Is he just, bottom line, not good enough or is our coaching not bringing out his best?

They are not just from the same country btw. They are cousins.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When in discussion with NSC's Palace fans, Brighton fans used to praise Bolasie (while in the Championship), but the Palace fans said he wasn't that good.

So who knows what can happen to them in the future.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

No. Bolasie has much better control and is a much more natural footballer. Lua lua has to stop the ball to beat a player and you get the impression that he has to think about what he is doing much more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When in discussion with NSC's Palace fans, Brighton fans used to praise Bolasie (while in the Championship), but the Palace fans said he wasn't that good.

So who knows what can happen to them in the future.

This is true. In any number of threads where the Palace fans were ******* themselves stupid over Zaha, we told them Bolasie was the better player. They laughed at us. We were right.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The opposition managers seem to be able to nullify Kaz with two players on him. If we had another Kaz type on the right wing it would be harder to mark them both out of the game. Bolasie does have more strings to his bow though.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Am i right in thinking he played wide right at Newcastle and it was Poyet who put him on left?
To me he just hasnt progressed over the last four seasons, is that just down to his injuries and limited starts?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Am i right in thinking he played wide right at Newcastle and it was Poyet who put him on left?
To me he just hasnt progressed over the last four seasons, is that just down to his injuries and limited starts?

He is a confidence player, so I think he needs a good run of games to build this. That said, Sami played him more often than not.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not really much future for a player who only ever gets chucked on for the last 20 minutes and spends half of that time throwing himself to the ground.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Lualua is the more skillful player and quicker as well. So why isn't he doing very well?

I blame it on the way he is played in the team, too wide and too far from goal.

Bolasie has improved, Lualua is falling behind; not improving so quickly.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Is LL our Walnut (Arsenal) ? he's got the shot, the pace, the skill and the build but has he got the football brain to go with it ? Lets hope next season CH can coach a really good season long performance out of him.

Dec 29, 2011
I think Lualua is the more skillful player and quicker as well. So why isn't he doing very well?

I blame it on the way he is played in the team, too wide and too far from goal.

Bolasie has improved, Lualua is falling behind; not improving so quickly.

I would suggest it's the way our Brighton team set out to play. We're defensive and wingers don't suit our game right now. Even if he beat a man and put in a cross, how many strikers would be in the box to turn it home? I'd suggest one at the most. For years now we haven't been able to get attackers into the opposition box. The only reason we scored a lot of goals with Ulloa is because his heading ability is above this division, unless we get another striker with similar heading ability - or start getting more players forward - we are going to keep struggling to score.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is LL our Walnut (Arsenal) ? he's got the shot, the pace, the skill and the build but has he got the football brain to go with it ? Lets hope next season CH can coach a really good season long performance out of him.
Has he got the football brains to go with it? No, not in my opinion - he runs very fast, kicks the ball very hard and does a nice line in back-flips, but he hasn't exactly caused mayhem and destruction to the opposition when he's been on the pitch this season (and under Hyypia that was a lot of game time).
Think maybe he's one for moving on now, if we can get a few quid for him - I think his career here has gone as far as it ever will go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here