Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather be Reading or Brighton...?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Oh dear, another head in the sand merchant. If you seriously think that 'wasn't bad' you are deluded or have very low expectations.

It ranked with the worst home performance for me. I understand Watford away was worse, but didn't attend so can't comment.

If burying my head in the sand also means I can see reality, then call me an ostrich. We are above being an average Championship team but not by much. We've had tough injuries and have been hampered by adhering to FFP. Barnsley, Ipswich and Boro were far worse home defeats. I think emotions were so high when 'pool visited us, your judgement was seriously dented. Still...everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that yours is mistaken.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is what it is. If we beat Forest then we might get into the play-offs but if we miss out we can have no complaints.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If burying my head in the sand also means I can see reality, then call me an ostrich. We are above being an average Championship team but not by much. We've had tough injuries and have been hampered by adhering to FFP. Barnsley, Ipswich and Boro were far worse home defeats. I think emotions were so high when 'pool visited us, your judgement was seriously dented. Still...everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that yours is mistaken.

Oh dear but only in your opinion..... :ffsparr:

Just to remind you we drew against Blackpool...... Did you go? :wink:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I can't work out whether Albion or Reading are in the better position - OK, Reading are in the play-offs, but their last game looks a little trickier than ours. I'm tempted to think I'd rather be 7th with an eminently winnable game at Forest on the last day.....but that would be tempting fate!

Been wondering the same for 2 days.
I don't think it matters.
It's so tight, and both fixtures are so difficult to call, that I doubt either side really has an advantage.

Tell you what though, I wouldn't want to be a Wigan fan if they fail to beat Brum tomorrow night.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its the story of our life that we'll miss out by a point.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
All set up for the most gutting way for Albion to lose out

We draw at Forest conceding the lead very late in the game and with the last kick of the game Reading lose in the 93rd minute. They would then get into the playoffs on goals scored, as we would have the same goal difference and points but they have scored more. There is nearly always some major drama late in the last games of the season.

Massive binfest on NSC follows.

have another look at the league table mate and cheer yourself up.

if reading lost 1-0 they would be GD 13 POINTS 70
if we drew at forest we would be GD 14 POINTS 70

And Wigan after losing at Birmingham, are a goal down at Blackburn, only to equalise in the 95th minute, going a point above us both......

AndyH

Mar 10, 2012
Recon only certainty is that not all 3 matches will result in wins for Reading, Wigan and us......there are bound to be twists and turns etc. Still keeping the faith that we will be in a positive place come the end though
:albion2:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Its already in the bag for Reading. We blew it for ourselves long ago with weird uncaring performances at home. So i'm prepared for the final late blow this weekend. Also, Burnley have virtually thrown in the towel and Wigan are on good form means our brave draw at Forest will be irrelevant.

D

Deleted member 2719

Its already in the bag for Reading. We blew it for ourselves long ago with weird uncaring performances at home. So i'm prepared for the final late blow this weekend. Also, Burnley have virtually thrown in the towel and Wigan are on good form means our brave draw at Forest will be irrelevant.

Not according to virgs on late kick off, pressures on Reading!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Recon only certainty is that not all 3 matches will result in wins for Reading, Wigan and us......there are bound to be twists and turns etc. Still keeping the faith that we will be in a positive place come the end though
:albion2:

Yep, if Wigan don't win tomorrow at Birmingham then it's just down to who wins on Saturday, and there is a high chance that only one of us will. I can see one win, one draw and one loss between us.

Our psychological advantage could be that we are effectively 1-0 down before we kick a ball and have nothing to protect.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe anyone thinks we're in a better position.
Please let Dan Harding start for Forest.

etc
Best I get a tenner on Harding to score then.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Burnley are a very professional side. They won't roll over for Reading that's for sure. I've got a feeling that if we get a result at Forest we could well make the top 6. Time will tell...

You are so right "IF", we know the way it goes Reading go 1-0 down, we go 1-0 up, last ten mins Reading and Forest equalise.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd rather play Forest of the two I'm pretty hopeful that Dyche will keep his players motivated to give their away fans something to cheer about. I know we have to go up to forest but they have totally capitulated with no permanent manager, can't really see there players being quite so up for it.

Or maybe just wishful thinking.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Wigan in good form?????????????

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Burnley have equalled the Championship record for the MOST points achieved by a team finishing runners-up - the 92 achieved by Leicester in 2003.

Dyche has said he wants to beat that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Burnley didn't look like they'd thrown the towel in when they won at the weekend. 1-0 wasn't a fair reflection of their dominance (from the bits I saw anyway).

Wigan have won 3 in their last 10. That's hardly good form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here