Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton - isn't he bombproof in any circumstances this season?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I can’t imagine TB being anything but furious if we go down, Heads will roll if we do imo. No idea which ones though.

It would be harsh if it was CH’s though but this is a results game.

I have spent quite some time browsing through the threads tonight, what I can't get my head round is many are accepting relegation but in the main are expecting CH to just pop us back into the PL, sadly I am not that confident, firstly I think one or two players might want to stay in the PL and will quite possibly get there wish, a large amount of the lower level clubs will be interested in a few of ours, also in my opinion, it is far from a gimme that we will just cruise back into the PL, that said I honestly think there are quite a few who would be happy with Championship football (I am NOT one of them!) Personally and it is only my opinion, I don't think CH is as safe as many think on here, TB will want to stay in the PL whatever it takes....TB is a life long fan and massive supporter of BHA.....CH is not! it is just a well paid job to him......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have spent quite some time browsing through the threads tonight, what I can't get my head round is many are accepting relegation but in the main are expecting CH to just pop us back into the PL, sadly I am not that confident, firstly I think one or two players might want to stay in the PL and will quite possibly get there wish, a large amount of the lower level clubs will be interested in a few of ours, also in my opinion, it is far from a gimme that we will just cruise back into the PL, that said I honestly think there are quite a few who would be happy with Championship football (I am NOT one of them!) Personally and it is only my opinion, I don't think CH is as safe as many think on here, TB will want to stay in the PL whatever it takes....TB is a life long fan and massive supporter of BHA.....CH is not! it is just a well paid job to him......

Good post.

It's funny, I've always thought CH's job is secure and in my humble opinion our awful form is due to a squad lacking in many PL ways. But for the first time earlier, it crossed my mind that we might see his shock sacking. Simply because Chairmen will try absolutely anything to stay part of the £100m additional income PL.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No money movement, yet

IMG_2357.PNG

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would suggest that only 1 of those has any input on the players ability I on the availability and 2 on the financial viability so the buck stops with CH.

But if the 2 say we want these quality players, and circumstances (much discussed last summer on nsc) mean that we don't get them, leaving a PL deficient squad, is CH still the fall guy?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not bomb proof but I’d certainly be reviewing everything from this season as tactically I don’t feel like Hughton has really learnt from previous PL outings. Fast start to next season essential though

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I cannot see CH being dismissed but I can see him resigning. He has been here a good while now and he might like a different challenge. Have we reached his ceiling ?. All I would say to you doubters is 'be careful what you wish for'.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The only problem with sacking CH anytime soon is that it's simply too late - if Prem survival is the aim who the **** does TB replace him with? All the usual suspects have been snapped up by the competition!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I told everyone "Hire DiCanio. Passion is what you want from a manager. Nothing more essential."
But did anyone listen? You want a guy to do his nut? None nuttier.
Their 'nutter' did win the Premier League last season. Now, you were saying what exactly? Conte was coaching continually from the sideline. Yes animated but full of passion and guidance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here