Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I won't be able to get on the pitch from the East Upper, and I too want to see the players walk around. Surely they could do that after a pitch invasion though? Fans running on and cheering for 5 minutes wouldn't be the end of the world.

That's what happened at the Withdean after we were promoted from League One. After a very severe telling off, and having been told that as a consequence of the fans' naughtiness, the players would NOT be coming out again, they did anyway.

Anyway, chickens, eggs, etc...this is all very dangerous talk!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No - but maybe a few of them will be unlucky enough to be nabbed by a steward or captured on CCTV (or Sky HD footage)?

To what end? We're going to ban you but the other 10k are fine?

People are thinking about this way too much. The majority of the North will lead it, just like before, and then it will be your choice if you want to join them.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think those on the season ticket waiting list must be hoping there is a pitch invasion, and lots of current ST holders are banned for next season freeing up available seats.

I would just refer everyone to S4 Football Offences Act 1991

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

You have been warned

You are also ruining the occasion for the players who rather than being able to celebrate at the final whistle have to rush off, and those that are caught by the mob have to struggle through to safety while having their kit ripped from them.

😂 Ohhh! The man with the big rule book told me what to do, I'm scared!

Seriously though, thanks for the concern, I'll take my chances thanks...just like every other team's fans when promoted.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Can understand why they've said this but it is merely lip service, a number of clubs have secured promotions, championships even Premierships, there is the obligatory pitch invasion, then with large messages on the scoreboard and expert stewarding the pitch can be cleared fairly quickly for the players and staff to come back on for their lap of honour.

Fair point Bruno but I'm going on with my son, not just because we've gone up but because of all the crap the fans of this great football club have had to endure over the years, all the dark times, times when we all thought we might not make it, and as previously stated myself and everyone will get back in the stands quickly and then you and your team mates can come on to the adulation you so richly deserve.

I will also be going on to the pitch because the likes of Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts, Paul Whelch, Jamie Brynin, Robert Eaton, Ted Emery and many, many others cant.

And I hope we will all raise a glass to them on Monday night and in the coming days and weeks.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's what happened at the Withdean after we were promoted from League One. After a very severe telling off, and having been told that as a consequence of the fans' naughtiness, the players would NOT be coming out again, they did anyway.

Anyway, chickens, eggs, etc...this is all very dangerous talk!

After about 25 minutes to half empty stands :nono:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've just had a HORRIBLE feeling all these threads will be in vain😕

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Really. A lap of honour after the Wigan game no matter what. Even if we lose at wolves and to Wigan and Huddersfield have won on Friday. Would seem an odd decision in what would likely be a subdued atmosphere

Yes, we have a "lap of honour" at our last home game for every season.

Btw, we're only getting in the pitch if we go up.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If Sir Chris says "stay off the pitch", then I'm staying off the pitch.

That and the fact that I'm at the top of the WSU.

If you think he actually said that.

:ffsparr:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
8093670740_5ae03fa89f_z.jpg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
After about 25 minutes to half empty stands :nono:

Then they can share their anecdotal tales in the years to come, of those pesky hoodlums running on the pitch spoiling their allotted clap for the players, thus deciding to leave early in protest before they came out.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Oh come on - who gives a monkeys if we are abused on social media or look tinpot? Go on the pitch if you must but don't do it because of what others will say if you don't.

A lot of people do care actually. That's not the reason why I'll be on the pitch though along with thousands of others enjoying a once in a lifetime moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I will also be going on to the pitch because the likes of Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts, Paul Whelch, Jamie Brynin, Robert Eaton, Ted Emery and many, many others cant.

Ha!

Knowing Sarah as we both did, you know full well, that she would have been stood at her seat, next to Liz, tutting at you for doing so!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yes, we have a "lap of honour" at our last home game for every season.

Btw, we're only getting in the pitch if we go up.

But bristol city is our last home game. That's my point. You said a lap of honour no matter what after Wigan

Incidentally after attending the Goldstone since 87 I'm well aware of the annual lap of honour after the last home game

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He understands them a lot better than most, in his position.

The club are making a public statement that they absolutely HAVE to make. Anyone who is surprised by it is a bit simple.

Not as simple as the bloke who emailed Barber asking if he could help facilitate the pitch invasion from the WSU...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here