Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Sussex views?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Worthing promenade is a seriously under-rated jewel in the Sussex crown. No matter the weather you will be guaranteed a show like nothing else.

34zgbjb.jpg

And [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] took this photo for me of my favourite place in the whole world, Cissbury Ring.

34r678j.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I happen to like the view from the train coming into Brighton from London road station as a 'town' view,also the view westwards from the race hill day or night-

As for the country views,there are many,we are lucky to have the South Downs to give us the opportunity to get such views.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sussex is a beautiful place.
Either Devils Dyke or Ditchling Beacon or any spot on top of the downs.
The sunset from Brighton seafront.
The Amex as I drive from Woodingdean (still get tears).
And the view from my back garden overlooking unspoilt countryside. Go away planners.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The view of Arundel as you drive from Crossbush is pretty impressive, with the Castle, Church & Cathedral

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Worthing promenade is a seriously under-rated jewel in the Sussex crown. No matter the weather you will be guaranteed a show like nothing else.

I find Worhings seafront the worst of the major towns in Sussex. Eastbourne is lovely, Hastings though run down has some great buildings but Worthing is all a bit meh

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
On a clear day the view of the low weald and the downs in the distance as you come down Handcross Hill. Also i love that view driving the a27 eastbound when you crest the hill just past the Southwick tuunnel and Brighton and Hove appears spread out before you .

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I also love the view of the Adur Valley from Mill Hill and have done for over 60 years. Slightly spoilt for me nowadays by the intrusion of the A27 viaduct and the absence of steam trains going to and from Steyning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Sportsman in Amberley's outdoor terrace isn't too shabby a place to sit and eat/drink.

the-sportsman-inn.jpg

Oh and that's only half of a panoramic view.
No industrial estate, bollox, just out of shot.

Here's another one, for good measure

photo2jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I moved away from Sussex 15 years ago having spent my first 42 years living there. I only get to visit once or twice a year and whilst some views are instantly recognisable, time does gradually change the landscape.

Here's one view that I think all of us will agree has changed for the better - the time stamp in the bottom right and corner may be a clue - where was I standing?

Wide angle.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
And when the kids were little, a walk over Ditchling Beacon on a blustery day to blow the cobwebs off was always a family favourite - these 2 are both in their twenties now - my how time moves on ....

Charlotte & Megan with a view.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here