Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eight games,Eight Cup Finals

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Sing Up, put your phones away............'

How does holding a phone stop your vocal chords working?

[MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] switch off your phone light and put it away at the match. :whistle:

I wouldn't want to waste my battery with my old 5C. I just don't mind others doing it.

The only thing embarrasing about the phone lights is when a few knuckleheads in the north start chanting 'sign up, put your phones away'.

To those who shout this, it's not your right to dictate to other fans how they support their team. If you don't want to do it, then don't. Just as my youngest won't join in (with the exact words anyway) to songs like 'your f**king shit'......

If phone lights make some people happy, let it be. Happy people, mean people stay, create more noise and this will also hopefully contribute the the 12th man phenonomen.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This looks like a jolly good fun, Spiffing!

130425171649-football-rattles-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Nail on head.

Minimal quiet away fans.
No animosity between the fans.
Albion fans expecting an 'easy' win.

Were it not for league position that's the blueprint for our 'here we are now, entertain us' attitude.
The AMEX can easily turn into a library in these games.

Then to ice the cake, NSC can have 48 hours of drum talk.

Not so sure on that one. It looks like they may have sold out their (all be it rather small (circa 750?)) away allocation. They will have some confidence after recent results and will have Albion fans close by on either sides.

Could be the perfect tonic to kick off the atmosphere.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not so sure on that one. It looks like they may have sold out their (all be it rather small (circa 750?)) away allocation. They will have some confidence after recent results and will have Albion fans close by on either sides.

Could be the perfect tonic to kick off the atmosphere.....

Hmmm, I'm not sure.
If I can hear a percentage of 750 people in a crowd of 30,000 something has gone horribly wrong.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The only thing embarrasing about the phone lights is when a few knuckleheads in the north start chanting 'sign up, put your phones away'.

To those who shout this, it's not your right to dictate to other fans how they support their team. If you don't want to do it, then don't. Just as my youngest won't join in (with the exact words anyway) to songs like 'your f**king shit'......

If phone lights make some people happy, let it be. Happy people, mean people stay, create more noise and this will also hopefully contribute the the 12th man phenonomen.

The irony being, they chant 'sing up put your phones away' even though they've been silent for the preceding 10mins. :shrug:

Most of the kids in the East Stand don't get a sh*t anyway to be fair, and actually shine their phones at the North Stand to get them to sing the song...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We could always find the free flags we were given and take those instead. I'm sure some old miserable so and so, will have a moan about that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know about 8 cup finals but this weekend is absolutely pivotal.

The teams in 1st, 2nd and 3rd are all at home to 23rd, 22nd and 21st. The team that doesn't win their home game will be absolutely sh*tting it. Here's hoping it's Huddersfield - they've got in-form Burton.

I'll be on the Newcastle/Huddersfield win double naturally. #doyourbit

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Absolutely big fat this. People singing that is more cringeworthy than the phone lights thing itself. Personally not a big fan of phone lights, but I certainly ain't going to let it bother me.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I don't know about 8 cup finals but this weekend is absolutely pivotal.

The teams in 1st, 2nd and 3rd are all at home to 23rd, 22nd and 21st. The team that doesn't win their home game will be absolutely sh*tting it. Here's hoping it's Huddersfield - they've got in-form Burton

I'll be on the Newcastle/Huddersfield win double naturally. #doyourbit

Should be 3 easy home wins but you just know that one team will fail, with our record after international breaks and playing a team where a draw could get them out of the relegation zone i'm feeling slightly nervous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here