Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we cheats?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I bet you wish you'd had a quid for every time you've tried to explain this fact on this forum.

I stopped bothering ages ago. Fair play for banging your head against the wall though. #profitandloss #balancesheet

Good evening ladies love......us Leavers are a thick bunch and need to learn through repetition..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I assume you have given up trying to belittle me El Pres, because let's face it you are quite weak other than your mod hat. If you have figures please post them, if you have an apology about me trolling, which you said but have no evidence, please feel free to apologise or post some links. Please feel free to apologise for taking quotes out of context. Please feel free to apologise to your sheep for herding them into the wrong pen. Just please feel free to admitting that you are a bloke and we all get it wrong sometimes. I might even forgive you. That's about it really. Good night x

Yes, depreciation and amortisation of non-player registrations of intangibles is allowed, along with impairments.

I thought that as the stadium isn't owned by the BHAFC Ltd (ie the Football League member) then depreciation on the stadium wouldn't be FFP allowable; the rent may be another matter though? Doesn't the same also apply to the Lancing training ground as "football club" doesn't own this either?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought that as the stadium isn't owned by the BHAFC Ltd (ie the Football League member) then depreciation on the stadium wouldn't be FFP allowable; the rent may be another matter though? Doesn't the same also apply to the Lancing training ground as "football club" doesn't own this either?

Another question,if the stadium is depreciating,if we sold it now? then what? Hmmm you raise a valid point i feel.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This is what I was saying!! Oh boy I have been sitting here all day being a lazy f*ck watching tv and typing to NSC and I said in the first 4 pages we'd have to sell our best assets if we don't go up. El Pres, a mod, a pillock of the forum jumps in and his sheep follow. I shake my head in disbelief.

That's true whether there was FFP or not. It happened before FFP, it will happen during FFP and will happen should FFP ever be abolished.

Bloom has said that he wants to keep losses down to acceptable levels for him to fund and therefore not to chase the dream in the way QPR (and others) have done by throwing endless money at it in the hope of promotion.

It has nothing to do with people jumping to support El Pres, it's because you have a flawed point and seemingly the only one that can't see it. (which is hard to believe so it feels like your fishing)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Could be but if that's the case the rent paid by the club would be the deductible expense. I thought the Holding Company's figures were the ones submitted to FL, they're certainly the ones analysed by the Swiss Ramble and myself. Even if the subsidiary accounts are used I believe the depreciation on the stadium is allowed as it's incurred by a group company.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Could be but if that's the case the rent paid by the club would be the deductible expense. I thought the Holding Company's figures were the ones submitted to FL, they're certainly the ones analysed by the Swiss Ramble and myself. Even if the subsidiary accounts are used I believe the depreciation on the stadium is allowed as it's incurred by a group company.

All this makes me wonder a very big what if...........what IF Albion were to only get now,the original 12,000 so called "break even" attendances when Falmer was first envisioned all those years ago..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wasn't our last offset thanks to the sale of Ulloa? I know it sounds a long time ago but we had 13 mill loss? The offset of Leo was 8 mill? So we would have been 21 mill? This year we have no offsets due to our craving for the Prem.

Bloom has looked at the finances and decided that we could afford not to sell in the summer and try to strengthen for this push for promotion because we can lose up to £39m which counts towards FFP over the next 3 seasons (which means we could lose £50m that counts towards FFP in season 1, but providing we make a profit of £11m (minus other losses that don't count towards FFP) in the next 2 years and get that total FFP loss figure back to £39 or less then we won't have broken the FFP rules

Players we buy aren't paid for in full during the season we sign them so, for example, Duffy's fee will be spread out over several seasons and therefore cost us considerably less per season. He cost us £4m (guessimate) in transfer fees, so the cost per season is £1m for his fee plus his wages for that season. This is how accounts work, it's a process called amortization.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's true whether there was FFP or not. It happened before FFP, it will happen during FFP and will happen should FFP ever be abolished.

Bloom has said that he wants to keep losses down to acceptable levels for him to fund and therefore not to chase the dream in the way QPR (and others) have done by throwing endless money at it in the hope of promotion.

It has nothing to do with people jumping to support El Pres, it's because you have a flawed point and seemingly the only one that can't see it. (which is hard to believe so it feels like your fishing)

GF I really thought you understood but maybe you don't. Maybe I am the only one, who knows, I am talking about 20 mill losses but I am willing to take it down to around 12 after running costs. I have even accepted El Pres spreadsheet. The thread was fine after 4 pages, a bunch of fools (forgive me) having a jolly old chat about stuff. El Pres comes in, steel boots on and trashes the whole damned thing. Calling me names and everything. Unnecessary. He has quite literally been a complete and utter fool, misquoting and telling me I'm a troll without evidence. Now... like anyone I take offence to keyboard warriors. So he has been put firmly in his place. I can see it and I do understand. But I do get what El Pres is saying I just wish he wasn't so nose in the air and 'look at me' type. It is condescending. But he has issues with me even though I don't know him, I found that out on his PM. I think the guy needs a herbal smoke. One thing is for sure, I really don't want to meet him in real life, not right now.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
GF I really thought you understood but maybe you don't. Maybe I am the only one, who knows, I am talking about 20 mill losses but I am willing to take it down to around 12 after running costs. I have even accepted El Pres spreadsheet. The thread was fine after 4 pages, a bunch of fools (forgive me) having a jolly old chat about stuff. El Pres comes in, steel boots on and trashes the whole damned thing. Calling me names and everything. Unnecessary. He has quite literally been a complete and utter fool, misquoting and telling me I'm a troll without evidence. Now... like anyone I take offence to keyboard warriors. So he has been put firmly in his place. I can see it and I do understand. But I do get what El Pres is saying I just wish he wasn't so nose in the air and 'look at me' type. It is condescending. But he has issues with me even though I don't know him, I found that out on his PM. I think the guy needs a herbal smoke. One thing is for sure, I really don't want to meet him in real life, not right now.

He apologised for the mix up in post 306...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apologies for the binfestery by the way, I should know better, and also apologies to SN for the historical trolling reference, I did mix him up with someone else.

You are right and I missed that and I feel a bit bad now. I accept the apologies and I am sorry for missing this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All this makes me wonder a very big what if...........what IF Albion were to only get now,the original 12,000 so called "break even" attendances when Falmer was first envisioned all those years ago..

The 12,000 break even never made sense to me, suspect it was more to do with getting planning approval for Falmer than being realistic. At the time that DK was in charge the plans for Falmer were much more modest that the magnificent stadium that Tony Bloom has delivered, at a lower cost. However we would have had to borrow significantly from banks and be shelling out huge interest charges each year, so that would have increased losses further.

We are a very, very fortunate bunch of fans that one of us (and anyone who has seen TB at a railway platform knows he is one of us) is both incredibly wealthy and generous with it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The 12,000 break even never made sense to me, suspect it was more to do with getting planning approval for Falmer than being realistic. At the time that DK was in charge the plans for Falmer were much more modest that the magnificent stadium that Tony Bloom has delivered, at a lower cost. However we would have had to borrow significantly from banks and be shelling out huge interest charges each year, so that would have increased losses further.

We are a very, very fortunate bunch of fans that one of us (and anyone who has seen TB at a railway platform knows he is one of us) is both incredibly wealthy and generous with it.

He is we are and the only real part i disagree on is that the stadium plans looked suspiciously similar to now,just the finishing really,but scary to think about it.

Thinking back though we had just got planning and then the 2008 crash happened,and we were left with no ability to fund then out of the wood work came a certain TB...that's my recollection.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, depreciation and amortisation of non-player registrations of intangibles is allowed, along with impairments.

I must get those two words into one of my banal reports on work related issues.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
apologies it was westdenegull ...

Indeed ... thus proving neither you nor Sussex Nomad can read ... or in your case spell. Nor can Sussex Nomad understand accounts .... he's yet to point out that he knows the difference between official business accounts and FFP accounts but that's because he's either stupid or a fisherman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here