Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some views from other forums

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My take on it is that proper football fans who truly support one club generally seem very favourable towards us - well, the ones that know the history. Whereas glory-hunting plastics who watch Man U and Arsenal on Sky & know nothing about the lower leagues tend to be a bit more patronising. I'm taking great pleasure in constantly repeating this one stat: 'net transfer spend under Bloom - £4.9m'. Some fans seem to think we're the Man City of the Championship.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Those Stoke fans seem a rather miserable bunch, an entire portion of chips on their shoulders by the look of it.

Very nice to see that most clubs here feel some goodwill towards us, it's not essential but no-one wants to be a Leeds without realising it.

Thank you, I think you've given me a new signature there :)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Some great comments but the odd comment I noticed from the Man Utd forum "Good to see new teams given a chance instead of some going up and down often". Very odd

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just had a look at the Palace forum away end thingy. The same old bitter scollobs from the usual suspects.

They said the Championship was a huge gulf in class and Brighton would struggle in this league, Completely wrong.
They said that season ticket sales in the first year was based on the novelty factor and would plummet in the second year. Wrong again.
No. Not the second season. The third season would be the one where gates would plummet. Wrong again.
Well...definitely the season after we had our only mediocre year in this league. Wrong again.
They said Tony was only worth about £50M and therefore it would be impossible to sustain ongoing investment in the club. Wrong again.
Brighton always choke. You can set your watch by it. Wrong again.

And now the same dullards are saying that we'll struggle in the Premier League and will be no match for their team. If you say so, after all, you're the experts at predictions.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Lots of mentions across the forums about Knockheart not cutting it in the PL.

Am I right in thinking he lost his place to Mahrez? I'm sure Knocky will be fine. I could see him getting off to a flyer and Brighton fending off huge bids for him in January.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Struggling with some of those other forums - especially Bournemouth and Liverpool :mad:

Compared to NSC they are absolutely shite in terms of layout and read-ability :nono:
We are premier league ready.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just had a look at the Palace forum away end thingy. The same old bitter scollobs from the usual suspects.

They said the Championship was a huge gulf in class and Brighton would struggle in this league, Completely wrong.
They said that season ticket sales in the first year was based on the novelty factor and would plummet in the second year. Wrong again.
No. Not the second season. The third season would be the one where gates would plummet. Wrong again.
Well...definitely the season after we had our only mediocre year in this league. Wrong again.
They said Tony was only worth about £50M and therefore it would be impossible to sustain ongoing investment in the club. Wrong again.

And now the same dullards are saying that we'll struggle in the Premier League and will be no match for their team. If you say so, after all, you're the experts at predictions.

In all honesty, I don't think we will be as good as the Nigels next season. But that's fine, I just want to stay up. I'll also say that in the long term, we are well set and they are not. At the end of the day, we have a magnificent stadium, a state of the art training complex, and at least two regular first teams who grew up locally and could yet play for the national team, whereas they temporarily have a decent team (although you wouldn't have known it for the last 22 months). Oh and some cladding.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In all honesty, I don't think we will be as good as the Nigels next season. But that's fine, I just want to stay up. I'll also say that in the long term, we are well set and they are not. At the end of the day, we have a magnificent stadium, a state of the art training complex, and at least two regular first teams who grew up locally and could yet play for the national team, whereas they temporarily have a decent team (although you wouldn't have known it for the last 22 months). Oh and some cladding.

....you forgot, they also have a T shirt cannon now.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

And a DRUM - you mustn't forget that...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This made me laugh from BCFC.

"What makes it all the more remarkable is that they only have half the catchment area of other clubs as the other half is ocean."

Particularly amusing when you realise that Ashton Gate is only 2 1/2 miles further from the sea (well, the Severn Estuary) than the Amex.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Those Stoke fans seem a rather miserable bunch, an entire portion of chips on their shoulders by the look of it.

I remember 2008(?) when they were promoted and they were a lovely bunch, so excited about what was coming.

Their Premier League experience has turned them into a right bunch of nasty bitter twats. I really hope that doesn't happen to us.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

And yet Richard just rang me saying he was proper pleased for us.
He's down for the REMF game if you're about mate

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This made me laugh from BCFC.

"What makes it all the more remarkable is that they only have half the catchment area of other clubs as the other half is ocean."

To be fair, that was a fair point when it comes to young players and only being allowed to sign them from within a certain distance of the club. We've only got half a circle.... but not sure about the rules on that these days...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here