Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes oh how you must have laughed. A player you let go for free, who then went to your rival and got them promoted with 30 goals. A player they then sold on for millions, only for you to then spend millions to get him back. Yeah you certainly had the last laugh there.

£s don't affect fans. Yes we've def had the last laugh there - it's ok, you're obviously still hurting about yesterday's news - we will let you off Hun x

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd say both quotes are true, however not unique to either club. Perhaps trying to buy is more accurate though as neither is a given.

We certainly haven't tried to buy anything. Mid table in all the £s spent for last few seasons / wages up but 10th in playing budget list. They most certainly have tried to buy survival though - that's the irony of them saying it. The only thing we're guilty of is taking a risk by not selling a big star to offset the big loss again. Apart from that it's purely down to the league we're in and is the fault of the Prem league & sky that a club not spending silly money,, with one of the best attendances in the division, is not sustainable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well there's a surprise, Palace fans FLOCK back to this thread after weeks away with their chests all puffed up. No idea why that would be. Fair weather muppets?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We certainly haven't tried to buy anything. Mid table in all the £s spent for last few seasons / wages up but 10th in playing budget list. They most certainly have tried to buy survival though - that's the irony of them saying it. The only thing we're guilty of is taking a risk by not selling a big star to offset the big loss again. Apart from that it's purely down to the league we're in and is the fault of the Prem league & sky that a club not spending silly money,, with one of the best attendances in the division, is not sustainable.
It's not really a risk though is it.

It would take a whole slew of career-enders for Mr Bloom to not take tens of millions of pounds back, the moment the next window opens.
T'is a shame our friends up the road can't quite work that out.
But I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

A Premium League palace might even offer the Albion a half arsed £15m, for Dunk, wiping out this season's debt, and yet they still won't get it.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
£s don't affect fans. Yes we've def had the last laugh there - it's ok, you're obviously still hurting about yesterday's news - we will let you off Hun x

£s don't affect fans, not sure thats the case. But seeing one of your players get your rival promoted has to sting a little.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
£s don't affect fans, not sure thats the case. But seeing one of your players get your rival promoted has to sting a little.
658e4cb41b0d9cd87f3438ffc7027c28.jpg

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

Murray's brilliant and we all love him at Selhurst, but he's not a patch on Benteke. Glenn was incredibly useful for us and his 31 goals were absolutely massive in our promotion season, but Benteke is a proven PL striker who scores a goal every other game. There's a reason Murray cost £3m and Benteke was £30m.

We absolutely have attempted to buy survival, yeah. Our squad is lightyears better than the likes of Hull/Swansea/Sunderland/etc. so it had better bloody work!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Anyone who says it did not hurt is lying! But luckily us football fans have short memories.

Like when you lot forgot you were 'against modern football'.

Well I cannot speak for anyone else but I'm still against modern football, hence I won't have sky. But there's not a bloody lot I can do about it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not really a risk though is it.

It would take a whole slew of career-enders for Mr Bloom to not take tens of millions of pounds back, the moment the next window opens.
T'is a shame our friends up the road can't quite work that out.
But I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

A Premium League palace might even offer the Albion a half arsed £15m, for Dunk, wiping out this season's debt, and yet they still won't get it.

You're quite right indeed :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murray's brilliant and we all love him at Selhurst, but he's not a patch on Benteke. Glenn was incredibly useful for us and his 31 goals were absolutely massive in our promotion season, but Benteke is a proven PL striker who scores a goal every other game. There's a reason Murray cost £3m and Benteke was £30m.

We absolutely have attempted to buy survival, yeah. Our squad is lightyears better than the likes of Hull/Swansea/Sunderland/etc. so it had better bloody work!

I don't blame you - with the money you get in the Prem I'd want us to do the same. I'd say your squad is much stronger than the bottom 5 other clubs too - but that doesn't guarantee a good team - see Villa and compare them to us for a great example.

As for Murray, you know it's the age thing that affects the price tag. I know a lot of your fans thought Benteke looked disinterested & Townsend was awful - yesterday may be a sign of them improving but remember one swallow and all that... Not sure all Palace fans love Muzza now he's back with us banging them in though (lots of abusive tweets over the last 6 months or so...)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It did yes - it killed me every time he scored from open play - all 21 that season. But it's doing the same to you now and that pleases me - it's like have a taste of your own medicine type thing. But not many of you on here can admit it - palace fans in real life on the other hand seem to be able to... :thumbsup:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It did yes - it killed me every time he scored from open play - all 21 that season. But it's doing the same to you now and that pleases me - it's like have a taste of your own medicine type thing. But not many of you on here can admit it - palace fans in real life on the other hand seem to be able to... :thumbsup:

It really doesn't bother me if he scores for you or anyone else. I'm glad he's someone where he is playing. After the season he had for us he could never match that in the premier league, which is a shame. If he would of had Bolasie and Zaha earlier in his career, who knows where he could have ended up.
I think a lot of players are capable of playing at the top, they just don't get the chance, they have even less of a a chance nowadays.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes oh how you must have laughed. A player you let go for free, who then went to your rival and got them promoted with 30 goals. A player they then sold on for millions, only for you to then spend millions to get him back. Yeah you certainly had the last laugh there.

We kind of would if we go up and you go down ? Because you could argue you should never have let him go... Time will tell... On both accounts.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well as we are being civil, if we see Glen at Selhurst next season I will clap him whoever he plays for.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well as we are being civil, if we see Glen at Selhurst next season I will clap him whoever he plays for.

As we're being civil, please spell his name right & also realise your 'Glen' was our 'Glen' first and now has come home ;)

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I don't think we want success at any cost, in fact we almost got it by accident. I would hazard a guess that our squad that was promoted cost less than half what your current one does. Maybe even less. But when you get to the premier league you are sort of in a trap, you need that 100 million+ to keep paying players silly wages and to keep getting that 100 million+ you need to keep paying players silly wages. It's ridiculous really.
Also surely football is about going as high as you can, otherwise what's the point in competition really. What exactly would be the purpose?
As for the money side of things, six hundred homes(if that's right) is a massive amount of money. The profit on homes in London and the south east(even the south in general) is enormous.
This season it looks like you have the premier league to come anyway. Quite surreal to see some bloke running around earning your yearly income in about three weeks.

TB is BHAFC through and through. Good businessman as well. He's in for the duration, unlike BFS who will be off like a Jews foreskin, with a big payoff soon. Hope TB makes a mint, it will all come back to us. Shame you are just a cash cow for the bottom feeders of the PL. Good luck with the next admin. You'll need another new name soon. Jesus, you're club is like a revolving door.

Mugs.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Not seen your name on here for a while, can't think why? 1 win and suddenly the Palace European challenge is back on. On paper your players might look better than those around you but you need team spirit and Palace buying anyone who was happy to sign, for over inflated wages, is not going to help that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here