Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Moan About The Ticketing System Thread............

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry Bozza, been long day. Just reread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you saying someone could have bought my ST seat if they own a ST next to me or wherever. Fair enough if you want to buy ticket for none ST friend but surely that happens Wed morning? Not before?

No. This really isn't difficult.

If you have people in your Albion ticket system friends and family list you can, if you so wish, buy their season ticket at the same time as you buy yours. This will typically be done by people like me who will want to buy my daughter's season ticket seat at the same time as mine. i don't want to login twice, go through the process twice and enter my card details twice.

Non-season ticket holders can not buy tickets right now - they are all reserved for their season ticket holder 'owners' to buy currently.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Logged on at 13:59. Was placed in a queue for 1 minute. Had checked loyalty points and bought home and away leg tickets by 14:05.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
When you click to claim your ST, you should immediately be given a list of your F&F season ticket holders who have yet to buy their own tickets. You select your daughter's as well as your own and proceed.

I've just checked and it doesn't let you upgrade the child ticket to an adult one online, so your choices are...

- Buy it as a child online and then phone to upgrade.
- Buy it as a child online and then upgrade on Monday night at the Amex.
- Just phone up to buy both and sort it out in one hit.

I managed to upgrade a child STH to an adult online. After you select the F&F member, there is a Change Seat Selection option, next to the Assign Owner button. Click that, change Adult to 1, change Under 10/18 to 0, then on the next screen Assign Owner to the F&F child. You should then have an Adult ticket in the child's name in your basket.

It will be for a different seat though.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I managed to upgrade a child STH to an adult online. After you select the F&F member, there is a Change Seat Selection option, next to the Assign Owner button. Click that, change Adult to 1, change Under 10/18 to 0, then on the next screen Assign Owner to the F&F child. You should then have an Adult ticket in the child's name in your basket.

Already done mine and will have to upgrade by phone unfortunately... but for the benefit of others... How do you mean by it will be a different seat? Surely they can only sell you that seat number?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I don't have Assign Owners. I click "Claim STH Seat", check the two people I want to claim seats for (one being me) and I then get this:

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 23.39.37.png

I also notice if I try and buy tickets for Hillsborough I don't have the opportunity to assign owners either, so I am unable to buy tickets for anyone other than me:

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 23.42.16.png

Apr 12, 2011
I don't have Assign Owners. I click "Claim STH Seat", check the two people I want to claim seats for (one being me) and I then get this:

View attachment 74531

I also notice if I try and buy tickets for Hillsborough I don't have the opportunity to assign owners either, so I am unable to buy tickets for anyone other than me:

View attachment 74532
Bizarre, I bought an extra away ticket this afternoon for a friend using the 'Assign Owners' button.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When the club get so many things right, and they really do!, it's a shame they can't get a slick easy
to use online ticketing system in place.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Another odd one, my mate A has never been on my friends and family, but mate K has added him to buy a ticket.
Now A is listed on my friends and family :shrug:

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Already done mine and will have to upgrade by phone unfortunately... but for the benefit of others... How do you mean by it will be a different seat? Surely they can only sell you that seat number?

So long as you are using a fan number that is an STH you can choose to sit in whichever block you want, they just assign a non-STH seat to you. See next post for more...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another odd one, my mate A has never been on my friends and family, but mate K has added him to buy a ticket.
Now A is listed on my friends and family :shrug:

Is A a season ticket holder?

There are definitely some strange 'features' in the ticketing system. I recall for the Arsenal Cup game, I found a way to buy as many tickets as I wanted, even though it was supposed to be 1 ticket per season ticket holder. I sent the club an email with a screenshot showing 200 tickets in my basket.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
For those worried about print at home, they recently changed from a barcode to a QR type code meaning that it's much easier for the scanners to read them even if they are printed poorly.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006

View attachment 74531

View attachment 74532

I used the mobile site and get the below after clicking Claim STH Seat and then selecting the F&F fan number :-

4c14b621d1f7bcfd33f371116473eee4.jpg

It's then as per the steps in my first post above. A loophole no doubt.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Is A a season ticket holder?

There are definitely some strange 'features' in the ticketing system. I recall for the Arsenal Cup game, I found a way to buy as many tickets as I wanted, even though it was supposed to be 1 ticket per season ticket holder. I sent the club an email with a screenshot showing 200 tickets in my basket.

Yes A is a STH as is K.
What it lists under the season tickets tab also odd, it lists me and 3 of my mates for this year and next but doesn't mention the other 7. It's a similar story with the tickets tab :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had this happen once on my daughter's account too, Lots of other people I did not know were listed in our F&F:

[tweet]729956674266664960[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes A is a STH as is K.
What it lists under the season tickets tab also odd, it lists me and 3 of my mates for this year and next but doesn't mention the other 7. It's a similar story with the tickets tab :shrug:

Todays SAT's:

Susan buys 4 football match tickets.

On Thursday, Susan's friend Tom will buy 3 more tickets.

Susan is a Season ticket holder. Tom is not.

Susan will sit with her friends, Rosie and Jim in the North stand. Jim likes to sing songs.

Tom will sit with George and Harry in the South stand. Harry hasn't been to the football before.

Mutual friend, Katie, is quite shy. She'd like to sit in the East stand.

Will Katie get her wish?

Has the football club website sold them the correct number of tickets?

How many times will George be asked to sit down during the match?

(This question is worth FIFTEEN points... sorry, marks)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here