Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby sack Paul Clement

Count Otto Black

Jul 22, 2015
ludicrous decision! small bad run of form n they fire him... terrible board decision, not that im complaining, means theyre basically giving up this year

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I wonder how chairmans statement that promotion not a priority will go down with supporters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Thank God for Tony Bloom.

Sticks to what he's good at and not afraid to delegate to people who know what they are talking about.

I would hate to support Derby
(and Leeds, and Nottingham Forest, and Blackburn, and Birmingham, and Blackpool, and Charlton, and Cardiff, and Brentford, and QPR , and Reading and Fulham etc etc etc)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Has a rookie manager ever got a team promoted from the Championship?

Err what was the name of that manager who took Newcastle up from the Championship?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder how chairmans statement that promotion not a priority will go down with supporters

Very curious statement, in fact possibly more alarming than the actual dismissal

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Has a rookie manager ever got a team promoted from the Championship?
By rookie do you mean first season in the job or without Championship experience beforehand? Would Dyche meet the criteria?

Edit; or Howe? Or the Watford guy?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
I think this, and the following post, is a bit of NSC phenomenon, read loads on here about how arrogant we are and how we feel we have a sense of entitlement which is basically garbage. Couldn't be further from the truth, but I think if you say it on here enough it becomes an accepted fact! Any talk of thrashing MK dons (I don't know of 'Rams Talk') was definitely more in hope than expectation!!

Before our game with Derby this season I wrote a preview piece for Derby County Blog. As part of some (admittedly cursory) research I had a look round Derby's forums and twitter accounts to see what you were saying about us. I got no hint of arrogance but rather a mixture of nerves and people looking forward to a big match and trying to support their team. Compared to Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: it was positively DEMURE.

Unfortunately my goodwill only lasted until the moment you lot booed Solly March off while he was being carried to his season's end on a stretcher.

OK on the internet, classless in the ground.

Having family in Derby they are/were my second club but I do agree this was less than an admirable reaction from Rams Fans on that day!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Might also mention that Rotherham have fired Neil Redfearn today as well. They only appointed him in October.

With the greatest of respect, Rotherham are a club punching above their weight in the Championship. And they sack a good guy after only four months because they have fallen to what many people would consider their level, i.e. they're one of the strugglers?

Arguably even more gutless than Derby giving Clement the hoof.

Bet your bottom dollar Redfern will turn up somewhere,just look at his CV.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
I think this, and the following post, is a bit of NSC phenomenon, read loads on here about how arrogant we are and how we feel we have a sense of entitlement which is basically garbage. Couldn't be further from the truth, but I think if you say it on here enough it becomes an accepted fact! Any talk of thrashing MK dons (I don't know of 'Rams Talk') was definitely more in hope than expectation!!

Having family in Derby they are/were my second club but I do agree this was less than an admirable reaction from Rams Fans on that day!

That match was all a bit weird though.

It was built up by Derby as a sort of cup final with Little Old Brighton, who hadn't played anyone decent, coming to town to be crushed and put back in their place by the mighty Derby.

When it didn't go to script, a lot of Derby fans took it badly. I'm sure they'll admit that it wasn't their finest hour.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Very curious statement, in fact possibly more alarming than the actual dismissal

Totally agree. Baffling. If promotion is not a priority for Derby, like it clearly is for at least 10-12 clubs in this league why spend vast sums of money on players ? You can't afford to spend how much they've spent and genuinely are not bothered whether you get promoted or not. There's either more to this than meets the eye, or they've just hit the panic button without thinking it through, especially as they haven't anyone lined up it seems. Maybe some player power ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
By rookie do you mean first season in the job or without Championship experience beforehand? Would Dyche meet the criteria?

Edit; or Howe? Or the Watford guy?

I was thinking first managerial job

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Appalling behaviour. However, I think it shows the club are financially bankrupt as well as morally bankrupt and the former will really hit them if they fail to get promotion. I hope they don't and fester in the middle reaches of the Championship until the board is sacked.

It's all gone mad I tell you...mmmmmmmmm MAD!

TNBA

TTF

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I guess these sacked managers gain compensation for their sacking,for all i know they built that into their annual income. I just wonder if managers could only be replaced out of season what would the outcome be ?......( Yes OK with SH we would now be in League 1,i know )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here