Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Village Way

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You can't stop traffic using village way on a Saturday afternoon. There is a large Virgin Gym/tennis centre/3G pitch at one end of it.

You can just during the period from 4:30 to say 5:30.

I have spoken to manager in Virgin many times and he was saying that people stagger their times when driving to the club...again talking to fellow club members, we all know when to get there early or late. Evening games are an issue we have found when trying to get to classes at 7 and 8 o'clock but again, we try hard to get there early, or my wife times it for 10 minutes after a KO and it is clear.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hence [MENTION=20]granny weatherwax[/MENTION] getting irate in this thread.

Not at all...we have a system and these days I am normally at home by 5 most satdi games. And I am not irate at all...just making suggestions to alleviate the problems

There has been a significant deterioration on Village Way as the season has progressed, rightly spotted by BG. The sheer number of cars parked on both sides of the road and right through to the Uni itself now prevents buses getting in to take people waiting away. I am afraid the police need to introduce a red way no waiting zone from about 4;30 to 5:15 on Village Way. Things got bad from about Sheff Wed onwards, and some ********s seem to be taking it out on stewards rather than the selfish motorists who have caused the gridlock .

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
Dear All,

The traffic lights are manually controlled on match days by stewards who have been approved by East Sussex County Council. Police used to do this but part of the close season review was to train stewards to do this. The simple reason is that it saves the club a lot of money hiring police to do this.
The double yellow lines on Village way are the responsibility of the council to issue tickets.

I have read this thread and will look at it myself at the Birmingham game and report back to the club and the respective councils.

Darren

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Dear All,

The traffic lights are manually controlled on match days by stewards who have been approved by East Sussex County Council. Police used to do this but part of the close season review was to train stewards to do this. The simple reason is that it saves the club a lot of money hiring police to do this.
The double yellow lines on Village way are the responsibility of the council to issue tickets.

I have read this thread and will look at it myself at the Birmingham game and report back to the club and the respective councils.

Darren

Re the traffic lights (apologies to The Programme Seller) they are making a right hash out it then.

Double Yellows, well the council should be up there making fortunes for the tax payer, absolute farce that the lazy sods are doing nothing about it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dear All,

Darren

Nice one Darren, thank you. Now that's what I call community policing! Now, in another related matter, why doesn't life mean life...? If you can't give your football club up and boy have I tried, least you should get for murder is until the end of your life too? (just my luck I get Brighton in the next life, mind)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Incorrect. Besides they are not allowed to control highway traffic!

You are incorrect, I know who controls them.

Have a look at the green control located next to the lights on the corner of the The Drove / Villiage way on the north side.
This is where they are controlled from.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
You are incorrect, I know who controls them.

Have a look at the green control located next to the lights on the corner of the The Drove / Villiage way on the north side.
This is where they are controlled from.

Already apologised :thumbsup:

As said, they are making a right hash of it. No real difference to the lights operating themselves. But if ESCC trained them, hardly surprising.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There has been a significant deterioration on Village Way as the season has progressed, rightly spotted by BG. The sheer number of cars parked on both sides of the road and right through to the Uni itself now prevents buses getting in to take people waiting away. I am afraid the police need to introduce a red way no waiting zone from about 4;30 to 5:15 on Village Way. Things got bad from about Sheff Wed onwards, and some ********s seem to be taking it out on stewards rather than the selfish motorists who have caused the gridlock .

I have found it quite easy to get away along VW after the match in recent weeks, that was until the Reading game when there was a hell of a lot more traffic than usual, in fact i chose to walk back to a bar rather than wait in the car. I think it was more of a one off because so many weren't regulars and also because travel wasn't included in the match ticket which mean't that more were dropped off and picked up than usual.

Typical over reaction by our fans to a one off situation if you ask me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Guy Fawkes;6113783 Typical over reaction by our fans to a one off situation if you ask me.[/QUOTE said:
Saturday was the first time that I used that method of travelling to and from the game as wife wasnt able to drop me as she usually does and I was commenting on what I saw. Whether or not that is normal I wouldnt know.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I wrote an email to the transport manager, raising several points, and making several suggestions where IMO transport issues could be improved, including improvements to park and ride.

I did get an answer, however he failed to recognise any issues raised, saying that having everyone away from the stadium within an hour of the game ending was acceptable.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I wrote an email to the transport manager, raising several points, and making several suggestions where IMO transport issues could be improved, including improvements to park and ride.

I did get an answer, however he failed to recognise any issues raised, saying that having everyone away from the stadium within an hour of the game ending was acceptable.

That's the problem. The club and police see NO problem. Just inconsiderate idiots parking and delaying public transport.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

To be fair it does take longer at much smaller grounds like Bournemouth.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It all seems like lazy sod syndrome. Who really needs to be dropped off and picked up from Village Way? (Apart from possibly the registered disabled) Can't they meet their lift elsewhere?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Same here, and I did suggest he might want to think about putting together a small group of fans who used various forms of transport. They could get together every three months and talk about real experiences, kick around a ideas and maybe the Transport Manager takes a few away to consider and refine. Could also use this forum to update on any planned improvement and progress. Not rocket science!

I am sure there are numerous "tweaks" that could be tried to but he chose to ignore it, reminding me of the whole Seagull Player attitude.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Would speed things up considerably but there is bound to be a jobsworth in the council who has discovered a sub-clause within a sub-clause in the traffic laws that prevents it :thumbsup:

Speed !! Speed ... you know the council hate that word but if you said slow they would implement it straightaway

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Dear All,

Darren

Must admit it could be that I never knowingly look for them but have not noticed anyone doing this when on the park & ride buses

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here