Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Canceling Season Ticket

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
If you think its a good arrangement then great. What we're you moaning about earlier?

I'd be delighted to have a discounted seat that I could get my money back for the 15 or so games that I can't get to every season, I'm sure there are many thousands like me. Not the real world though is it.

I wasn’t moaning, as I remember I asked for advice on the bronze membership should I decide to give up my ST. It’s funny I work in a job that means I can’t always make match days. Until the back end of last season and this I got nothing if I didn’t turn up. It would seem the 8,000 on the waiting list couldn’t be bothered until the end of last season. Now I’m expected to feel guilty because all of a sudden people are waiting for a season ticket that they couldn’t be arsed about a few years ago. I like watching championship football and already I can see the Wolves fan base is building nothing to do with the fact that they will be in the premier league next season then. I have very little time for fair weather fans. Here today and gone when we are back in the championship. When I decide about my ST it will be for all the right reasons and has to be done without knowing what league we are in next season. I wonder how big that queue will be for my ST if we get relegated

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Steve was there when we were ****.
Where were the ‘queue of people waiting ?’ Watching Chelsea on Sky ?

Times change sir, people change. I just dont get what he is asking for??? He doesnt require a season ticket so give it up, or dont attend some games and absorb that cost. Not rocket science. Lets all book tickets for gigs and festivals and ask Ticketmaster for a refund because work got in the way. Seriously?
Lets not brand everyone on the waiting list as JCLs or ex Chelsea fans (and what's so wrong with watching Chelsea on Sky)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No they didn't. They went to general sale to STH with no extra loyalty points, but didn't slip below that

OK. They seemed to be on sale for ages so perhaps I remember incorrectly in that case.

I just checked the NSC Stoke tickets thread and it says they went to General Sale.
I don’t think Newcastle even sold out which means non STH could buy tickets if they really wanted..

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Times change sir, people change. I just dont get what he is asking for??? He doesnt require a season ticket so give it up, or dont attend some games and absorb that cost. Not rocket science. Lets all book tickets for gigs and festivals and ask Ticketmaster for a refund because work got in the way. Seriously?
Lets not brand everyone on the waiting list as JCLs or ex Chelsea fans (and what's so wrong with watching Chelsea on Sky)

I asked about people’s view on bronze membership, read the post, yes I did make some comment about ticket exchange and rather than vouchers maybe they can be used to off set against ST.
Then you come back with a school boy error. Why mention ticket master, surely that’s the epitome of how to make money on tickets. Let’s buy tickets for a concert then stick them on ticket master for triple the price you paid for them. What a load of rubbish about times changing. What you meant was the club changed league to the premier. Do you think we would have an 8,000 waiting list in the bottom half of the championship.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The bronze membership is a ridiculous money making scheme for the club. It allows those with no previous history to jump ahead of those who do.

The purchase history of everyone is on record and the ticket sales could be prioritised on that basis without anyone having to pay anything extra.

I’d like to understand the justification of charging people simply to activate the points they’ve earned by spending money with the club in the first place.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I asked about people’s view on bronze membership, read the post, yes I did make some comment about ticket exchange and rather than vouchers maybe they can be used to off set against ST.
Then you come back with a school boy error. Why mention ticket master, surely that’s the epitome of how to make money on tickets. Let’s buy tickets for a concert then stick them on ticket master for triple the price you paid for them. What a load of rubbish about times changing. What you meant was the club changed league to the premier. Do you think we would have an 8,000 waiting list in the bottom half of the championship.

Well of course we would not. Supply and demand isnt it. You goodself is trying to save money on tickets (nothing wrong with that), whats the difference between saving and making money? Again my opinion, its simple, get a season ticket or get a bronze membership, but dont be expecting to get money back for more than x games per season, if/when that happens so you get your cheap seat, even if you were there when we were shit. You surely must see not one size suits all and you are after a crafty deal? Come on you arent stupid

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Unfortunately the WWYWWWS arguement is too subjective for the club to build rules on

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Well of course we would not. Supply and demand isnt it. You goodself is trying to save money on tickets (nothing wrong with that), whats the difference between saving and making money? Again my opinion, its simple, get a season ticket or get a bronze membership, but dont be expecting to get money back for more than x games per season, if/when that happens so you get your cheap seat, even if you were there when we were shit. You surely must see not one size suits all and you are after a crafty deal? Come on you arent stupid
He just does a damn fine impression :lolol:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

I’m not after a crafty deal. I’m a long standing STH who in the past made all games. My work schedule now means for the time being I can not always make games. The club agree with me and have put a ticket exchange in place, you reward loyalty with loyalty. You have helped me decide to keep my ST. I don’t fancy giving it up for someone who decided because we are in the premier league they want a ST

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I’m not after a crafty deal. I’m a long standing STH who in the past made all games. My work schedule now means for the time being I can not always make games. The club agree with me and have put a ticket exchange in place, you reward loyalty with loyalty. You have helped me decide to keep my ST. I don’t fancy giving it up for someone who decided because we are in the premier league they want a ST

Glad you are keeping your season ticket. The club has a difficult task distributing them. And just because someone wants to be an STH in the prem doesnt make them a bad fan or person hey. Each to their own. Having had a ST or not gone to Gillingham doesnt not always necessarily mean a a bad thing, heck they could have that season ticket for the next 30 years, or not. Onwards and upwards

There were about 100 non restricted seats left this morning. This is the first of a 2 day window where existing STH can buy one extra ticket. After all the Bronze members have had their fill.

If you wanted tickets together you are basically in E1H.

Even if you can still get the big games without Bronze, Bronze will give you so much more choice.

I’m talking about Arsenal at home

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Lets all book tickets for gigs and festivals and ask Ticketmaster for a refund because work got in the way. Seriously?

That's unfair. He doesn't want a full refund of his festival ticket.

He wants to pick a few bands from the line up, to watch, and get a refund on the rest... :whistle:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Glad you are keeping your season ticket. The club has a difficult task distributing them. And just because someone wants to be an STH in the prem doesnt make them a bad fan or person hey. Each to their own. Having had a ST or not gone to Gillingham doesnt not always necessarily mean a a bad thing, heck they could have that season ticket for the next 30 years, or not. Onwards and upwards

I would think a fan who had a season ticket in the Championship/League 1/League 2 would be a rather better long term bet for the club than someone who has just decided they are interested now we are in the Premier League.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Just as an aside, are these £25 club shop vouchers that they issue, in any way personal to the relevant STH?

I'm happy to make a (derisory) offer for a couple, if they're not :whistle:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I would think a fan who had a season ticket in the Championship/League 1/League 2 would be a rather better long term bet for the club than someone who has just decided they are interested now we are in the Premier League.

Circumstances change and lifelong fans and long term bets for fans come from all over. When you get the bug, you get the bug. Newer Premier League or recent Champ ST holders just might be able to afford it now, they might have a young family and now want to / are able to go to the football at weekends again, they might introduce their young children who then perhaps become lifelong fans to the club, they might have moved back to the area after living elsewhere, they might want to take their Dad to the football after seasons away because of health, or personal reasons. No reason to suggest any of those *new* fans might not want to continue supporting the club however things turn out this season or in the future.
Watching Izquierdo in the last 2 weeks might persuade you to be a Brighton fan. And that might last for life.
Plenty of Withdean, Gillingham and Goldstone veterans likewise can't, won't or no longer want to be Amex regulars. Fair enough. Football takes up a lot of time and £££ and lives change.
Hard to pinpoint loyalty or commitment purely based on the year you first coughed up for a ST.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
That's unfair. He doesn't want a full refund of his festival ticket.

He wants to pick a few bands from the line up, to watch, and get a refund on the rest... :whistle:

Better still, I want to be able to do what a lot of people who buy festival/concert tickets do. Stick them on sites like ticket master for triple the price I paid for them.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Circumstances change and lifelong fans and long term bets for fans come from all over. When you get the bug, you get the bug. Newer Premier League or recent Champ ST holders just might be able to afford it now, they might have a young family and now want to / are able to go to the football at weekends again, they might introduce their young children who then perhaps become lifelong fans to the club, they might have moved back to the area after living elsewhere, they might want to take their Dad to the football after seasons away because of health, or personal reasons. No reason to suggest any of those *new* fans might not want to continue supporting the club however things turn out this season or in the future.
Watching Izquierdo in the last 2 weeks might persuade you to be a Brighton fan. And that might last for life.
Plenty of Withdean, Gillingham and Goldstone veterans likewise can't, won't or no longer want to be Amex regulars. Fair enough. Football takes up a lot of time and £££ and lives change.
Hard to pinpoint loyalty or commitment purely based on the year you first coughed up for a ST.

Do you really believe that all of a sudden 8,000 people’s circumstances have changed? Laughable, I can accept that a percentage of that 8,000 are new fans/circumstances changed. The club have not had a waiting list for a number of years and you always get a percentage that give up their ST and then the percentage who come back or new fans which is who you are talk about and in previous seasons that’s not been a huge impact as I suspect it’s evens out. So to suddenly have an 8,000 waiting list would point to the fact we are in the premier league. Lets see if that waiting list is as big if we go back down to the championship

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here