Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10/2 - 12/2

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Terrible result for us we just cannot get a break at all.

If it was a terrible result for the Albion, how do you think Stoke are reacting?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
My god we need the Amex rocking against Swansea

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wowser. Superb result from town today.

This is a stupid division...Bournemouth go to chelski and win 3-0 and then get thumped at Huddersfield who hadn't won in 5

That results sets the cat amongst the seagulls!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
No one up to Watford has easy fixtures over the last 12 games. 2-3 key games lost or won could take any of the team from Watford to WBA to safety or doom them to relegation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
First of 3 Cup Finals.

- Swansea
- Huddersfield
- THE FA Cup Final
This - so long as we don't rest too many first teamers who don't need resting against Coventry - we want to actually get to that Cup Final. Any sort of complacency against Coventry ("Oh, we don't need him, or him, or him, etc.") and we'll find ourselves slipping on a banana skin, out of the Cup, momentum lost, and then we'll get turned over by in-form Swansea.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This - so long as we don't rest too many first teamers who don't need resting against Coventry - we want to actually get to that Cup Final. Any sort of complacency against Coventry ("Oh, we don't need him, or him, or him, etc.") and we'll find ourselves slipping on a banana skin, out of the Cup, momentum lost, and then we'll get turned over by in-form Swansea.
Let's hope it is Swansea who mess up at Massive in the cup, not us against Coventry.

( And we'll need to play Massive in the semi-final... )

:albion2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's hope it is Swansea who mess up at Massive in the cup, not us against Coventry.

( And we'll need to play Massive in the semi-final... )

I think the season is very delicately poised now, and momentum is everything. We seem to be getting some at the moment, after the shit-storm of criticism after the Southampton and West Brom. matches (which, in retrospect, seems to have been justified) and we daren't lose it. I really think that if we let Coventry turn us over, we would then go on to lose to Swansea. In its way, the Coventry game is, for me, as much a must win game as any.

(Oh, and massive at Wembley would be fine; it's about time we actually had a match there that we might win!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the season is very delicately poised now, and momentum is everything. We seem to be getting some at the moment, after the shit-storm of criticism after the Southampton and West Brom. matches (which, in retrospect, seems to have been justified) and we daren't lose it. I really think that if we let Coventry turn us over, we would then go on to lose to Swansea. In its way, the Coventry game is, for me, as much a must win game as any.

(Oh, and massive at Wembley would be fine; it's about time we actually had a match there that we might win!)

I still take the point away to Stains as a big plus. They have a squad full of top flight quality players, had home advantage and unsurprisingly outclassed us as the game went on.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't think Bournemouth are out of trouble yet, so I don't think them losing today is necessarily a terrible result. They have to play a few of the top teams and a few of the struggling teams. If they don't get results v Tottenham, Man U, Liverpool, they will be trying harder to take points off the likes of West Brom, Swansea, Southampton, Newcastle to guarantee their own survival, which would obviously be good for us.

Bournemouth are only 3 points above us so I would say they are still in the mix any one in that group could slip.

But as we have seen today there are some really weird results happening and maybe we need more belief going into the games against Arsenal, Tottenham and Manu at home.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have to say, ok, Newcastle are 0-0 right now, but the mismanagement of that club over the years is astounding. They should be pushing top six every year. Huge following, only club in the city, plenty of money slushing about, why are they so shit?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to say, ok, Newcastle are 0-0 right now, but the mismanagement of that club over the years is astounding. They should be pushing top six every year. Huge following, only club in the city, plenty of money slushing about, why are they so shit?

A lot of writers including ex pros, say that the very best players only want to sign for clubs in London or the North West.

Not that Ashley would sign them anyway, due to the huge outlay on fees and wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here