Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus's Shanghai Shenhua accused of Match Fixing

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua who Gus currently manages have been the latest club to have been accused of match fixing,

In a statement released on Sunday, Shenhua said: "There is a lot before and after the game about Shenhua and the opponent fixing the result.

"Was this the performance of a team and coach told to lose the game?

"Recently a few people with ulterior motives fabricated a lot of rumours without basis in fact. They hoped to bring chaos to football and Shenhua.

The statement continued: "We solemnly tell Shenhua fans, please fully trust our management, coaching staff and all the players."

"We have set up a special team of lawyers, using a variety of legal means, to investigate the people involved in these rumours."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40553755

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He'll be sacked live on air...as predicted and wagered on by an unknown punter.... loosely described as white, bald, not very tall and having a number of aliases... 11 or 12 to be exact.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Maybe they hit the ceiling?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Having lived and worked there I'd have been shocked if there was a match fixing case from any other country in the world...............

I decided not to stay despite a good offer and chose a 3rd world country as it had infinitely nicer atmosphere in every sphere from family, friends and even with the challenges here, business. Also feels much, much safer! Despite martial law and crime figures I'd say infinitely more so than China. So much racism and total non thinking ftards at all levels of society. Well worth a visit though ^_^ as interesting for a short time and opportunity to make a killing if you don't mind cringing every 20 minutes at someone's ignorance of common sense or human decency. The shortest term thinking imaginable and cutting your nose of to spite your face seemed a national passtime.

If owners could f up a club that makes them 20M a year, to take 2M of dodgy money today but no future profits, it honestly wouldn't suprise me and their friends would applaud them for doing the right thing and being smart business minded thinkers :facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It amazes me that Ian Holloway isn't one of the greatest HATE figures around for that stunt.

We are talking a Palace manager in the biggest game the two clubs have ever squared up in, and he causes a shitstorm (all puns intended) by falsely blaming our glorious club for taking a dump in their dressing room. How FECKING dare he. That is a slur against this club like nothing I can ever recall. He then claims that it fired up his team to victory that night, and the slur remains, the jokes and jibes at our club remains, when he has completely falsely accused us of shitting all over their dressing room.

We then get all worked up about Gus talking about ceilings and the ensuing fall-out with Bloom, but somehow forget in all of that was a slanderous lowlife Ian Holloway was that night.

Has he ever apologised to our club for that?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It amazes me that Ian Holloway isn't one of the greatest HATE figures around for that stunt.

We are talking a Palace manager in the biggest game the two clubs have ever squared up in, and he causes a shitstorm (all puns intended) by falsely blaming our glorious club for taking a dump in their dressing room. How FECKING dare he. That is a slur against this club like nothing I can ever recall. He then claims that it fired up his team to victory that night, and the slur remains, the jokes and jibes at our club remains, when he has completely falsely accused us of shitting all over their dressing room.

We then get all worked up about Gus talking about ceilings and the ensuing fall-out with Bloom, but somehow forget in all of that was a slanderous lowlife Ian Holloway was that night.

I suspect that Holloway believed at the time that it was a Brighton fan who was responsible, however since it is now common knowledge what actually happened, then the Palace board should have apologised. Maybe they have, and we are not aware of the apology. I'm sure it will get mentioned when we come to play them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are still some people out there who believe that Gus/Charlie did it, and that's why they had to leave the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Nope.

He doesn't like us very much either

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04mn44n

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I suspect that Holloway believed at the time that it was a Brighton fan who was responsible, however since it is now common knowledge what actually happened, then the Palace board should have apologised. Maybe they have, and we are not aware of the apology. I'm sure it will get mentioned when we come to play them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think that pretty much sums up the attitude I'm referring to. You are applying logic, reason and essentially making excuses for him. That's not what we would normally do. We would start by despising him for merely managing Palace, but add something like this and he would surely become a hate figure. I don't even think we have an insulting song for the bloke do we?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think that pretty much sums up the attitude I'm referring to. You are applying logic, reason and essentially making excuses for him. That's not what we would normally do. We would start by despising him for merely managing Palace, but add something like this and he would surely become a hate figure. I don't even think we have an insulting song for the bloke do we?

He got a bit upset last time he was at the Amex - he didn't appreciate "Sacked in the morning......."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here