Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck out, Murray in?!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
And what's wrong with that? Frankly I like the Southgate approach, give the younger players a chance, build for the future, it's the only way.

Absolutely nothing at all. I think it’s very much the correct approach. Shame for Glenn but there is absolutely no value in England picking him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely nothing at all. I think it’s very much the correct approach. Shame for Glenn but there is absolutely no value in England picking him.

I understand that point, playing devils advocate, for England is it having a player with the squad for a week who is extracting the best out of his career toward the end of it and would actually have earned his place on form, even if that was a long term gain. Short term the value might be for other players in the squad seeing and observing how Glenn goes about his work, and how someone with limited pace at 35 is the top scoring Englishman (or one of them) in the Premier League. I can see value in that.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
If GM was going to be picked for England it would have been for the world cup as the 'offers something different' or 'someone to throw on to lump the ball to' 90th minute sub player. Didn't happen and no value for anyone in him being picked now, shame, but good for BHA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here