Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetical - Fulham heading down, go big for Mitrovic in January?

If Fulham look like heading down in January, would you go all out (£15m+) for Mitrovic?

• YES you absolute cretin - No brainer, closest we can find to a Murray replacement.

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • NO you prat - We have Locadia and Andone, we shouldn’t be throwing more money around.

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This was kind of the point of the thread. To see whether some would jump for Mitro without having even seen Andone.

The majority would.

I wouldn't and that's all that counts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm a "no".

There's only so many tens of millions we can spend bringing in strikers who sit around doing nothing until Sir Glenn decides he wants to retire, and we've probably reached that limit already.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm a "no".

There's only so many tens of millions we can spend bringing in strikers who sit around doing nothing until Sir Glenn decides he wants to retire, and we've probably reached that limit already.

Mind the splinters:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm a "no".

We are allowed to offload players too, though. Recoup half of the Locadia money selling him back to the Dutch league, and get a striker in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are allowed to offload players too, though. Recoup half of the Locadia money selling him back to the Dutch league, and get a striker in.

What if new fella isn't as good at keeping the mythical creature that is Andone company on the bench?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hypothetically.......yes!

Locadia has shown nothing and CH doesn't appear to rate Andone. So we do need somebody of proven ability when Glenn has finally had enough.

I take Bozza's point and I think we would probably have to offload one of the above (and Hemed) to recoup some of the cost.

However, given Hemed's start in the PL last season (until his unfortunate and unjustified ban), I'm still not convinced that he doesn't have what it takes.

el punal

If he is a **** then I agree with you. Is he though? What evidence is there?

I’ve just been reading a few articles on some of Newcastle’s fans’ forums regarding Mitrovic. The concensus seems that, although talented, his attitude leaves a lot to be desired. It seems that he constantly boils over when things don’t go his way, on the field he has been known for committing some horrendous fouls resulting in him receiving red/yellow cards and subsequent suspensions. Benitez was always reluctant to play him - therein lies evidence of his (Mitrovic) liability. So the expressions loose cannon and hot head spring to mind. Hardly a vital cog that would slip easily into Chris Hughton’s well oiled machinery of team togetherness.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think the more likely outcome will be Fulham putting in a bid for Dunk/Duffy!

They can score goals but need to shore up their defense and balance their open but a little too open play with a throw-their-bodies-on-the-line defense that will stop them leaking goals faster than they can score them.

Rather than, arrogantly believe we can poach their talisman we should be ensuring we remain #together.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think the more likely outcome will be Fulham putting in a bid for Dunk/Duffy!

They can score goals but need to shore up their defense and balance their open but a little too open play with a throw-their-bodies-on-the-line defense that will stop them leaking goals faster than they can score them.

Rather than, arrogantly believe we can poach their talisman we should be ensuring we remain #together.
Neither would go to Fulham and the club wouldn’t sell to Fulham.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Deluded if you think Fulham would sell in January. I doubt they'd even sell him next Summer presume he has a long contract, is already on Premier League wages + he'd be key to ensuring Fulham came back up

:facepalm:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Murray is in as good a nick physically as I've ever seen him in his career - I think there's another season in him, maybe even a couple. His game isn't about pace, never was, and he seems to be steering clear of injuries, he's clearly looking after himself.

Personally I don't think a Murray replacement even needs to be on the agenda at the moment. Forget Mitrovic, we should be giving Glenn another year, maybe two.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve just been reading a few articles on some of Newcastle’s fans’ forums regarding Mitrovic. The concensus seems that, although talented, his attitude leaves a lot to be desired. It seems that he constantly boils over when things don’t go his way, on the field he has been known for committing some horrendous fouls resulting in him receiving red/yellow cards and subsequent suspensions. Benitez was always reluctant to play him - therein lies evidence of his (Mitrovic) liability. So the expressions loose cannon and hot head spring to mind. Hardly a vital cog that would slip easily into Chris Hughton’s well oiled machinery of team togetherness.
Which came first?

The Geordies are far to myopic to see fault with Benitez, but he has more of a history of falling out with players, than Mitrovic has of being a dickhead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray is in as good a nick physically as I've ever seen him in his career - I think there's another season in him, maybe even a couple. His game isn't about pace, never was, and he seems to be steering clear of injuries, he's clearly looking after himself.

Personally I don't think a Murray replacement even needs to be on the agenda at the moment. Forget Mitrovic, we should be giving Glenn another year, maybe two.

One of NSC's greatest living posters said, back in the summer:-

'If this team is reliant on Murray for goals, it's sure to be relegated'.

and I stand by that. :lol: :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Which came first?

The Geordies are far to myopic to see fault with Benitez, but he has more of a history of falling out with players, than Mitrovic has of being a dickhead.

I've begun to see this lately.

When Benitez turned up, he had Mitrovic, Gayle and Perez as options up front - perfectly decent. Look at them now. Rafa has to take SOME blame for the decimation of their strikeforce.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#neverwrong

#FrequentlyWrong & happy to own it, a bit of a novelty for NSC.

I did have a bit of a chuckle when Southampton's lack of goals was picked on by Glendenning, obviously including:-

Danny Ings.

Fulham have the worst defensive record, a defense including:-

Alfie Mawson

I believe last night Chelsea forgot to defend while playing:-

Tim Cahill

I can't possibly think of a single connection between those 3 players.

#NeverWrong. :lolol:

el punal

Which came first?

I think Mitrovic had previous before he went to Newcastle. Benitez, like many managers, will insist it’s HIS way how the team plays and, yes, you’re probably right, his stubbornness would more than likely upset those “prima donna” players who think that they have a God given right to be selected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here