Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly tried but I couldn't find one positive comment on twitter for Montoya.....

If this is to be completed, it would be the worst thing in an otherwise stellar recruitment campaign for Fulham, the boy just flat out does not know how to play football, really really over hyped awful player.

I remember him at Barcelona, what a flop. There was a game when Thiago & Xavi flat out refused to pass to him, even when he was the only player available to receive a pass. They'd rather lose the ball than pass to him.

I think there is a consensus between most Valencia fans that Martín Montoya is the weak spot. A new right back is well needed.

Martin Montoya had a total nightmare yesterday. Gave away two penalties, and weak defending in Marcelo’s goal. Valencia should invest in a new rightback if they qualify for the UCL next season. First priority should still be signing Kondogbia and Guedes permanently though.

We can't even offer Martin Montoya as a sacrifice this time ffs https://t.co/FdsDo0zMdI

Very bad. Martin Montoya makes me wish Antonio Barragan and Joao Cancelo was still on the squad.

Much-needed signing for valencia. Right back was a huge weak point last season, Martin Montoya was error prone and Ruben Vezo could only offer anything on the defensive end of things when played out of position. https://t.co/rbViy1qcOI

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its such a shame you are not an integral part of our CLUELESS scouting team, so we could fall upon your expertise and perhaps avoid spending shedloads of cash on yet another one of these hopeless clogging DUFFERS that we seem determined to keep on bringing in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's a definite focus on bringing in players with pace, Bernardo, Montoya, Ali, Bissouma and Andone all have lots of it. It does make you wonder whether we will see more fast counter breaks to catch teams out, especially away from home.

Exciting stuff!

I was thinking of starting a thread on this very thing. Much contrary to the global perception of CH, yes, we may be going for some frightening speed on the counter ths season. Like Vastanarada. Possibly, be very afraid, opponentscum.

vs.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOE90ZSundc

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Valencian media say 7 million euro.
Which is about £7 million now.
Thanks brexiteers.

Always one bore that tries to shoehorn in a Brexit comment. Get over it FFS.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was tongue in cheek.
But, let's be honest, the lower the pound goes the more overseas players will cost.

OK, fair enough. Pax on here.

Depends where we're buying from though - the exchange rate with lots of African countries is still very favourable.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm still fuming re the bbc especially 5 live utterly ignoring our transfer(s), to talk about Fulham and Palace... especially Fulham. So we're bringing in a RB from Valencia but apparently it's bigger news that Palace are signing a Championship player... hmmmm...

Honestly, they kept talking about deals on the way around 5-6pm, knowing full well where we stood, and yet ignored us completely.

The Fulham love in is/was excruciating... I'm seriously in need of a sick bag.

We're still miles under the radar, miles. I actually think the beeb consider us a league 1 team made good... aw bless, little Brighton playing with the likes of Palace and the perennial world beaters Fulham... JESUS wept!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ahem.

Brexit is always worth mentioning. Like Lukakukakukaku singing for the Albion soon, it will never happen. Fact

(having had another thread horribly derailed after a comment of mine, earlier, its only fair, etc etc).

Get over it. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Football thread. F*** off!

It was tongue in cheek.
But, let's be honest, the lower the pound goes the more overseas players will cost.

OK, fair enough. Pax on here.

Depends where we're buying from though - the exchange rate with lots of African countries is still very favourable.

There's a very serious point to be had here which will be the same whether or not you're pro Brexit. Tony Bloom is a gambler and our strategy has long time been to recruit from Europe. Brexit COULD make that more difficult. In future seasons we might need to get work permits or visas for European players. We might not be able to use the "Percy Tau" route to get players experience and / or papers. And if the exchange rate goes south then deals with clubs in the Eurozone may become just as bad value as those with UK clubs. It's not a political point but I believe there's an element in our window of us getting our European business in while we can. It even varies within a window - for example Andone represents a far better Forex based deal for us than Montoya has.

Political and constitutional decisions have impacts far and wide and football is no exception. IF - and we all know there's a proper thread for going in to detail on that - the above comes true then we may find this is one of the most savvy windows we've seen Brighton complete.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm still fuming re the bbc especially 5 live utterly ignoring our transfer(s), to talk about Fulham and Palace... especially Fulham. So we're bringing in a RB from Valencia but apparently it's bigger news that Palace are signing a Championship player... hmmmm...

Honestly, they kept talking about deals on the way around 5-6pm, knowing full well where we stood, and yet ignored us completely.

We're still miles under the radar, miles. I actually think the beeb consider us a league 1 team made good... aw bless, little Brighton playing with the likes of Palace and the perennial world beaters Fulham... JESUS wept!

Where've you been the last 3 months? The entire national media including the BBC, have spent the entire summer in a love-in with the transfer business and managers of West Ham, Everton, Wolves and Fulham. Every writer, presenter and pundit purrs over their brilliant seaon to come. Top half stated as a near cert, knocking on the door of CL.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There's a very serious point to be had here which will be the same whether or not you're pro Brexit. Tony Bloom is a gambler and our strategy has long time been to recruit from Europe. Brexit COULD make that more difficult. In future seasons we might need to get work permits or visas for European players. We might not be able to use the "Percy Tau" route to get players experience and / or papers. And if the exchange rate goes south then deals with clubs in the Eurozone may become just as bad value as those with UK clubs. It's not a political point but I believe there's an element in our window of us getting our European business in while we can. It even varies within a window - for example Andone represents a far better Forex based deal for us than Montoya has.

Political and constitutional decisions have impacts far and wide and football is no exception. IF - and we all know there's a proper thread for going in to detail on that - the above comes true then we may find this is one of the most savvy windows we've seen Brighton complete.

Whilst this is all true, I did genuinely make my comment in jest.
There was a question along these lines at the Forum this evening. Barbs said we don't know: the government don't know so we don't know.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its such a shame you are not an integral part of our CLUELESS scouting team, so we could fall upon your expertise and perhaps avoid spending shedloads of cash on yet another one of these hopeless clogging DUFFERS that we seem determined to keep on bringing in.

Haven't put him on ignore yet. Sentimentality I expect. Big Red Dwarf Fan

dib.jpg

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

To be frank, I couldn't care less whether they ignore us or not. Under the radio is fine imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here