Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Remembering Lord Bracknell

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I often think about the passage of time and how quickly my own life is passing by. To think it's been a year since I first read the sad news has shocked me to say the least. I sometimes think about the things I'd miss, not get to see if I was no longer around... too many things to list. One thing I miss right now are Lord Bracknell's posts, the fact that that he's no longer here to add his intelligence, wit and sheer presence to this forum is hugely saddening.

For me, some people transcend the norm, and the reaction to last years thread and this prove that LB was a real shining light in and around the tapestry of nsc.

He's quite rightly fondly remembered and for me, after such a long nsc journey of my own, to lose one of my contemporary's was and is heartbreaking.

Rock on LB and continue to rest in peace.

Kosh

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great friend, great conversationalist, great mind, all round great guy and when people ask about how we got to where we are, remind them of Ed and his tireless work to make this possible. We owe him a great debt!

Very sadly missed

Love to Roz, tea boy and the lovely miss Bracknell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I often think about the passage of time and how quickly my own life is passing by. To think it's been a year since I first read the sad news has shocked me to say the least. I sometimes think about the things I'd miss, not get to see if I was no longer around... too many things to list. One thing I miss right now are Lord Bracknell's posts, the fact that that he's no longer here to add his intelligence, wit and sheer presence to this forum is hugely saddening.

For me, some people transcend the norm, and the reaction to last years thread and this prove that LB was a real shining light in and around the tapestry of nsc.

He's quite rightly fondly remembered and for me, after such a long nsc journey of my own, to lose one of my contemporary's was and is heartbreaking.

Rock on LB and continue to rest in peace.

Kosh

Intelligence and wit, perfect concise summary of LB. RIP

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was wondering the other day, with the passing of so many from the 'old school', along with the team having so many new and overseas players, have we lost the #together?
I know that new players were shown a video of the clubs history but does that still happen?
The only good news is that the old school left the club in a far better place than when they started. Let's hope the new comers carry on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was wondering the other day, with the passing of so many from the 'old school', along with the team having so many new and overseas players, have we lost the #together?
I know that new players were shown a video of the clubs history but does that still happen?
The only good news is that the old school left the club in a far better place than when they started. Let's hope the new comers carry on.

I honesstly can't ever see this not being a community club. While all PL clubs are corporate behemoths by nature I think we also still have the bond between club, fans and players, and long may it continue.

There's no doubt it took Paul Barber a while to understand this but I truly think he "gets" us now. I still struggle with the realisation we're such a corporate, multi-national brand but we are and I need to get used to that. But I think we're pretty much there and we can use the compromised position for good and to stay "together".

I've told my son all about the Goldstone, the battle for Falmer and I made sure his first game was at Withdean, even though he can't remember it (0-0 draw with Woking in the cup). When the time comes he'll know the names of those who helped put us where we are today, big and small, and Ed will be one of them.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So a rain affected afternoon of Sussex Cricket ahead.

I reckon just for Ed it will end up a 5 over each game and we will snatch defeat in the last few balls. A few people huddled in a beer tent watching a futile attempt to put on a sporting event, with only his passing to remind us, its not always about the winning.

So We're Loose.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Thank you. . Your words and thoughts mean such a lot to me and the family. Looking forwards to seeing some of you next season when we can raise a glass to my lovely Ed.
cheers ed.jpg

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
We do owe an enormous debt to Ed. As others have said, without his and others time and energy we would not be where we are today.
Apart from that Ed was lovely chap who always made you feel special. Greatly missed.

I am always pleased to see at the bottom of the page that Lord B is still moderating the forum. RIP Ed and best wishes to Roz and family

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I honesstly can't ever see this not being a community club. While all PL clubs are corporate behemoths by nature I think we also still have the bond between club, fans and players, and long may it continue.

There's no doubt it took Paul Barber a while to understand this but I truly think he "gets" us now. I still struggle with the realisation we're such a corporate, multi-national brand but we are and I need to get used to that. But I think we're pretty much there and we can use the compromised position for good and to stay "together".

I've told my son all about the Goldstone, the battle for Falmer and I made sure his first game was at Withdean, even though he can't remember it (0-0 draw with Woking in the cup). When the time comes he'll know the names of those who helped put us where we are today, big and small, and Ed will be one of them.

Great post. Like you, I've made sure my daughter knows all about The Struggle and the hero fans who shouldered much of the fight for us. Every fan from the War Years era MUST ensure the legacy of Ed and many others is never forgotten. My daughter is now a 23 year old teacher and having seen her Dad shed tears about what happened to us she is in no doubt about what it took to get us to where we are today. She has always been an Albion fan and still comes with me to the Amex, having started as a young child by going to reserve games at Woodside Road. I'm gutted she never knew the Goldstone, but Ed's gift to her and future generations is this fabulous stadium, home to this amazing club. Never forgotten.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A true Albion hero, whose part in helping us get to where we are should never be forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here