Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The best bit about that exchange is when the York player calls the abusive Pompey fan- with quite perceptive local knowledge, I'd say, perhaps he's been reading NSC- a "bellend". I know it's a tad unprofessional for a footballer to publicly call someone a bellend, but in this case, it's also extremely accurate, and, of course, funny :D

[tweet]447429501958758401[/tweet]

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
It was ironic that at yesterday's FA Trophy that the first goal for Cambridge was scored against Gosport by an on loan player from Portsmouth. My neighbour in the stand, a Portsmouth supporter, was most upset especially as he was moaning about Pompey's lack of goals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Northampton win tomorrow and Pompey get a tonking at Rochdale they could be in the bottom 2,

Sadly, the Northampton win won't happen. The cobblers continue to be a let down to themselves, and to the wider football world.

Clearly there is NO chance that Portsmouth will go down. None whatsoever. Zero.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Meh to Sunderland, but would I put up with another season in the Championship while Palace break Pulis' record and Pompey go non-league where they belong? Damn right I would!
Exactly. Easy choice.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sadly, the Northampton win won't happen. The cobblers continue to be a let down to themselves, and to the wider football world.

Clearly there is NO chance that Portsmouth will go down. None whatsoever. Zero.

You're right it's a near IMPOSSIBILITY that Pompey will drop through the trapdoor. It definitely WON'T happen.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You're right it's a near IMPOSSIBILITY that Pompey will drop through the trapdoor. It definitely WON'T happen.

Not in a million years. And quite right too. They should probably be promoted straight to the Premier League to be honest, because of their Magnificent Fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't see Pompey going down sadly. Not on your nelly.

They may be just one place and three points from football league oblivion but that is a HUGE gap that Northampton will simply have no answer to. And anyway Wycombe are gash too, and Pompey are simply too massive to finish below them too.

I'm afraid that in years to come, when they sing "You've never won f*ck all", we will NOT, I repeat NOT, be able to sing "we've never been non-league" back at them.

And that is because Pompey are a MASSIVE club. Massive. With Magnificent Fans (c).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION], what can we use instead of the word TWATS to describe this lot?

I'm going to make an executive decision here and say that TWATS is just fine.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If it doesn't get blocked by the swear filter, what's the problem? It's not the same as trying to write the c word using cunning spacing. Carry on.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I can't see Pompey going down sadly. Not on your nelly.

They may be just one place and three points from football league oblivion but that is a HUGE gap that Northampton will simply have no answer to. And anyway Wycombe are gash too, and Pompey are simply too massive to finish below them too.

I'm afraid that in years to come, when they sing "You've never won f*ck all", we will NOT, I repeat NOT, be able to sing "we've never been non-league" back at them.

And that is because Pompey are a MASSIVE club. Massive. With Magnificent Fans (c).

And they have a fan with a BELL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here