Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, 2 points lost or 1 point gained?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I did not see the game but followed it on the BBC. They gave impression we should have been 2 nil up as we were all over them in first half.....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
2 lost, we should have been at least two up before they scored but paid the price for a very poor penalty and several misses

Also both goals we conceded were very stupid mistakes

This! I thought we would win easily, unfortunately some of our players seemed to feel the same way and we didn't take advantage when clearly on top

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
2 dropped points

Lazy (injured) penalty (good save/went right way)
Inexcusable miss from March 1on 1
Unfit Dunk mistake

Second half was pretty even, Brighton were the better team overall imo, but the PL is unforgiving, if any one player in the team doesn't get that they should be sent to Crawley on loan!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I point gained for me after being 2-0 down.

I hope we're not turning into those fans who say 'We really should be beating teams like ...........

We had our chances, Groß penalty was too soft & too low, other chances were wasted, but we had the guts to fight back.
A draw was a fair result in the end.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
2 points dropped.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agreed a point gained after being 2 down

However we're not those fans and we should have been in the driving seat at half time. PL newbies we ain't, so taking advantage should be a given, it wasn't and I think CH made a mistake or two, and the players didn't perform/nail it either. We live and learn. Apparently.

I point gained for me after being 2-0 down.

I hope we're not turning into those fans who say 'We really should be beating teams like ...........

We had our chances, Groß penalty was too soft & too low, other chances were wasted, but we had the guts to fight back.
A draw was a fair result in the end.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Two dropped but feels like a win I suppose.

Two lazy goals conceded. Gross got away with a poor penalty against Man United. Today's was worse and CH needs to revisit who takes the pens.

Dunk should have been given until after the International break to recover. Balogun hadn't done much wrong in his absence.

Hope Izquerdo is back soon.

Locadia, I'm afraid looks more like a Huddy every time I see him.

Murray continues to defy his advancing years and won us the crucial point.

Fulham are much vaunted but should never have been able to lay a glove on us.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When the Gross penalty was saved that was points lost but when we equalised it was points gained.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did not see the game but followed it on the BBC. They gave impression we should have been 2 nil up as we were all over them in first half.....

I was there and that’s my view. Until they went ahead, we’d played bloody well, nullifying all their expensively stars and we’d been on the front foot, including the pen chance.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Two dropped but feels like a win I suppose.

Two lazy goals conceded. Gross got away with a poor penalty against Man United. Today's was worse and CH needs to revisit who takes the pens.

Dunk should have been given until after the International break to recover. Balogun hadn't done much wrong in his absence.

Hope Izquerdo is back soon.

Locadia, I'm afraid looks more like a Huddy every time I see him.

Murray continues to defy his advancing years and won us the crucial point.

Fulham are much vaunted but should never have been able to lay a glove on us.

Which definition of Huddy? https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Huddy

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Before the game and with the penalty miss it feels like 2 points dropped, however after being 0-2 to pull it back to 2-2 it feels like a point gained.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I didn't see the match but thoughts are. Last season when going behind there weren't that many times we came from behind from one goal let alone 2 goals so it has to be progress

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair enough. I love that 30k people can watch a game and come out of it with different views.

I thought, apart from the first and the last twenty, we looked slow and incapable of holding the middle.

Funny old game.

It's really not holding the middle where I thought we had a problem so you're right about different viewpoints! I should probably qualify that where I saif Fulham were shit I really meant at the back. Their defence was awful. Just like Man U they couldn't cope with either of our wingers and Murray bullied them. The difference was firstly our finishing and secondly the fact that Dunk should never have played. I'm going out on a limb because you can never know but I think that if Balogun had been playing and if we'd stuck the penalty away we'd have won that comfortably. But, as Brian Clough famously said, if my auntie had balls she's be my uncle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't see the match but thoughts are. Last season when going behind there weren't that many times we came from behind from one goal let alone 2 goals so it has to be progress

This. Great fighting spirit, against a cocky ££££ team winning 2-0 (who the media think, with Wolves, will be fantastically successful this season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here