Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Syria/Russia/UN/Trump/Chemical Attack (think that’s it all covered)....

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting stuff from Peter Ford - Former ambassador to Syria on the current situation.

The BBC hack really didn't get it. No surprise there to be honest.

One thing's for sure, you won't see this interview on the 6 o'clock news :thumbsup:

He was on the morning news at the BBC and on Sky. Edit: In the interests of correct information- he was previously on the BBC news regarding this subject but not on this occasion yet (unless someone has another link)

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think one thing is for sure; Trump is never going to leave office without starting a war somewhere. Looks like it'll be Syria.

And again like a lap dog we are following the Americans into it. Undemocratic May at it again, going into it without a parliamentary vote.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He was on the morning news at the BBC and on Sky. Edit: In the interests of correct information- he was previously on the BBC news regarding this subject but not on this occasion yet (unless someone has another link)

He's on BBC breakfast now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Interesting stuff from Peter Ford - Former ambassador to Syria on the current situation.

The BBC hack really didn't get it. No surprise there to be honest.

One thing's for sure, you won't see this interview on the 6 o'clock news [emoji106]
Shame more people don't realise we're being lied to every day!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wake up people the world is about to change forever because of the greed and power the elite hold

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Yeah, I was aware of that. Although the BBC are right to interview him in the interests of perspective. Love the Telegraph's climbdown over the title though.

In fairness, Ford has always stated that Assad is a rotten egg. On this occasion I think his points about investigations being needed before conclusions is correct. He's asking the same questions that many on this thread are.

I'm not saying that Assad didn't do anything, I'm just saying that the circumstances don't add up and it needs proper investigation before Trump starts his little playground jolly with people's lives.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wake up people the world is about to change forever because of the greed and power the elite hold

Just can't see what we are going to achieve in all this, isn't it obvious Trump will do anything to try and save himself?

What's the end game here? Do we ever learn

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm off fishing in the morning, haven't been yet this year but rather worried that by about 6.15 when my alarm goes off we could be in a war.

Don't worry, it won't affect the fishing, you can't blame trump if you blank, it will be solely down to the fact that.
A) The fish aren't feeding.
B) You are not very good at fishing.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What that the after one of the nerve gas attacks that was eventually found to be the fault of the rebel forces ..... ?

I haven't got a clue. It's a 5 year old tweet showing what I consider to be the mental instability of the man.
He seems to have the intellect of a 4 year old, and that is being derogatory to toddlers.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like a wrong'un to me.

Well, perhaps I could sow a thought.

He is not an 'out and out' Assad fan, although he believes that the conflict is best 'won' by the Syrian government. I view I also hold. Not because of a slavish belief in their values, quite the opposite, but because the alternative is a fiefdom of rival factions and extreme militia that will make the governance of Iraq look like the Vicar of Dibley's parish council. Sometimes life is a cruel game of numbers.

If he's a 'wrogun' and I won't defend his past miss-calculations, who is in the right ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well, perhaps I could sow a thought.

He is not an 'out and out' Assad fan, although he believes that the conflict is best 'won' by the Syrian government. I view I also hold. Not because of a slavish belief in their values, quite the opposite, but because the alternative is a fiefdom of rival factions and extreme militia that will make the governance of Iraq look like the Vicar of Dibley's parish council. Sometimes life is a cruel game of numbers.

If he's a 'wrogun' and I won't defend his past miss-calculations, who is in the right ?

I really don't know, I suspect it is more of a case of who is in the least wrong though. And if he is of the opinion that the conflict is best 'won' by the Syrian government, surely that would also mean without foreign intervention and Russia sticking their oar, and more, in, which I suspect is the most significant factor in this?

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I really don't know, I suspect it is more of a case of who is in the least wrong though. And if he is of the opinion that the conflict is best 'won' by the Syrian government, surely that would also mean without foreign intervention and Russia sticking their oar, and more, in, which I suspect is the most significant factor in this?

Pretty sure it is the Russian intervention that means the Syrian government now have control over most of the country now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like Trump is back tracking.

Capture.JPG

We can relax, looks like our game is still on Saturday

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Pretty sure it is the Russian intervention that means the Syrian government now have control over most of the country now.

Don't forget Iran, they've committed large numbers of troops and their GDP on their army is significant. Syria is one big proxy war between Russia/West and Saudi/Iran. Then there's the dozens of factions who opposed Assad (and termed 'rebels') who are rivals. If the Assad Govt were to fall the place would be reduced to warring parties (bit like Libya).

If Assad stays they'll be continually backed militia or 'rebels' funded by Saudi. If the govt fell there'll be a land grab between nearby countries and the various rebel units would turn on each other, though I suspect Iran would ensure a puppet govt is installed.

This one's going to run and run, whoever 'wins' is merely through to the next round of the sh1tstorm cup.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Trump's obviously seen the reaction from his core base on the issue of more ME intervention (one of his pledges when running and a major criticism his base had of Clinton).

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like Trump is back tracking.

View attachment 95963

We can relax, looks like our game is still on Saturday

It's clear that, despite his bluster, the hawks in Washington are running the show over there. Which, as neo-Con as they are, should give us some comfort.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here