Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Record 'Attendence' At The Amex Don't Even Warrant Comment Anymore

I would love to see a few extra rows in the north too. I’m sure there is some good work that could be done with the north corners and especially the wings of the ESU that simply look odd.

As for maximising usage of current seats, there is always around 20 empty seats in the sorta upper tier bit at the back of the south stand, close to the usual divide with the away fans. At best, there are usually a couple of coppers or stewards standing in this area.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
This thread is funny. I remember being one of the 1,058 for game at Gillingham against Barnet and we lost. How times change. Delighted we can sell all of our tickets long may it continue.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
This thread is funny. I remember being one of the 1,058 for game at Gillingham against Barnet and we lost. How times change. Delighted we can sell all of our tickets long may it continue.

Agree, 1st world problems - getting a record attendance vs Liverpool in the Premier League !! We've come a long long way.....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wonder what the actual numbers going through the turnstiles are as opposed to tickets sold as I know of about 6 who for various reasons didnt attend and their seats remained empty with their ST unused.

buggers could have listed them on the exchange :( I kept checking back all week before the game but it was properly sold out a good eight days before

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
buggers could have listed them on the exchange :( I kept checking back all week before the game but it was properly sold out a good eight days before

My decision not to attend was taken at 1215 on Saturday morning prior to catching the 1236 bus from HH so too late for he exchange I would think. There is also the consideration of if it went on the exchange a number of times could the club cancel the ST as not being used .

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
My decision not to attend was taken at 1215 on Saturday morning prior to catching the 1236 bus from HH so too late for he exchange I would think. There is also the consideration of if it went on the exchange a number of times could the club cancel the ST as not being used .

Surely 'not attending' is also not using your ST? Probably worse in the club's eyes as they haven't benefitted from any sell-on and have missed the chance to sell some merchandise, programmmes, food, drink etc

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Given the negligible number of extra tickets sold I was highly disappointed in the announcement. There were enough people blowing smoke up Liverpool's arse without the club joining in.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Don't forget to register baby Reagull for their free shirt earlydoors, else we'll never hear the end of it :lol:
I thought about leaving it a few days before his 7th birthday but decided to avoid the binfest and give the club 6 years and 6 months notice instead.
If they decide in June 2025 to stop kindly handing out free shirts I'll be on here kicking off:moo:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Every time they do it it makes us look tin pot, each time it sounds like we'd never filled the ground before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ticket sales probably only generate less than £20m a year. Any large expansion or additional tiers will cost £10m's and we would have to sell them all for 20+years to even make back the investment.

I'm glad that we are at a stage when Liverpool come to the Amex and when they score only a handful of away fans have weaseled their way into the home areas. The harder it is to get tickets the less this will happen

This. Keep it as it is; make people value their ticket or season ticket. We don't want a vast 'Darlington Arena' style stadium shambles, and have to discount tickets a la Wet Sham, with the stadium infested with pissed up oiks drunk on their wormy sense of entitlement, and 'Sussex Reds' along to watch 'their team', plus the odd other match if the weather is a bit shit and there is no rugger on the telly.

Martin Perry has said many times that it is impossible to add tiers to the N and S stands without removing the Whole roof and then re-engineering the four 'Dogs Heads' that are key to the roof staying in place, and also re-engineering the roof.
If the roof's high enough, you don't have to remove any of it...

Ekaterinburg Arena, 2018 World Cup venue in Russia.jpg

While we have for a while been announcing our "pretendence", with the ticket exchange working so well I'm not sure that we actually have that large a disparity at the moment.

I listed 2 tickets on friday evening (last minute change of plans) and at the time there were only 5 available around the ground. In seasons past I probably would have spoken to a couple of friends about using our tickets had I known well in advance we couldn't go, but if it got to the night before like this weekend I probably would have just left the seats empty.

I don't think the pretendence is the reason ... its the fact that we sell out Home games so easily and consistently now, nobody expects anything but a sell out.

(I also think that now we have stopped announcing the number of travelling fans, the attendence has a MUCH lower profile as an in-game announcement and/or talking point - gone are the days of endless threads deciding if this was tinpot!)

Amazing that the club looked at a few moaners on here and stopped announcing the away attendance, now that is tinpot

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Martin Perry has said many times that it is impossible to add tiers to the N and S stands without removing the Whole roof and then re-engineering the four 'Dogs Heads' that are key to the roof staying in place, and also re-engineering the roof. Not being a smartarse, merely repeating what the man in charge of the build has said.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So it is possible then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here