Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lower cost utility supplies.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Forgetting the argument that it would be cheaper I back renationalisation because I'd never have to think about which energy provider to use.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ovo user and if Mrs LBG could find the off switch option like many our bills will be smaller,yet no end of 'experts' say go online and get a better deal. However just take a look at this so what is going on ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46798461

A small supplier who had a poor customer service record was prevented from taking on new customers whilst it got its affairs in order and was ordered to improve went bust most likely because their business model and business plan meant that they needed new customers to be able to keep their heads above water

Consumers who were with them are protected and will have their contracts honoured

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Forgetting the argument that it would be cheaper I back renationalisation because I'd never have to think about which energy provider to use.

Doesn't mean it will be cheap or managed well if it was renationalised

Most of the reason for high costs are down to the changing infrastructure and associated costs that go with it (Solar, wind, etc and moving away from coal and other fossil fuels)

We as consumers want green, yet it costs more to produce so ultimately we have to pay more for it (or it's sold to us at a loss and takes money away from other public services to fund the shortfall rather than being a net contributor to the public purse

Competition should lead to innovation and efficiencies which should help to keep prices down as companies look to maintain and grow market share, would that happen under state control (or do we go back to nationalised industries and things like cars being sold at a loss and the eventual loss of that once thriving industry as standards of production and innovation was lost)

We can either keep moving forward or stand still (under nationalisation)

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
A small supplier who had a poor customer service record was prevented from taking on new customers whilst it got its affairs in order and was ordered to improve went bust most likely because their business model and business plan meant that they needed new customers to be able to keep their heads above water

Consumers who were with them are protected and will have their contracts honoured
No they won't

I was with a provider that went bust awarded an alternative supplier and immediately put onto punitive standard contract rates. Switched before they could properly set me up though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here