Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West ham v Stoke

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
When we play them they might have a Champions League final to rest players for

The final is 10 days after the final Premier League game - so won't need to rest anyone. Playing Stoke 3 days after the Semi and 3 days before, they are guaranteed to change their 11 players.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Physicality within reason. The last thing we need is a Stephens, Dunk or Murray bad losers red card. Spurs will dive and milk stuff like with great cheating expertise!

Again; I agree. I want to see desire and a complete lack of respect for who they are, and most pertinent of all - fear. Can Chris generate that kind of mindset? The jury (at this level) is out.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
How draining was that... It’s going to be a knackering few weeks. Or we could just smash Spurs tomorrow and I can then sit back and chill out.... what’s the chances of that happening.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Could've been better, could've been a lot worse with a minute to go.

Not really any worse off than before. They're not going to make up an 18 goal difference on us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The final is 10 days after the final Premier League game - so won't need to rest anyone. Playing Stoke 3 days after the Semi and 3 days before, they are guaranteed to change their 11 players.
They don't need to, but if they're safe in top 4, with no chance of second, I bet they do. They'll wrap Salah and Firminho in particular in cotton wool if they are in the CL final.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When we play them they might have a Champions League final to rest players for
No...
The final is 10 days after the final Premier League game - so won't need to rest anyone.
This.
Playing Stoke 3 days after the Semi and 3 days before, they are guaranteed to change their 11 players.
And this. There's no way Liverpool will play a full strength squad against Stoke. Against us, I can't see why they wouldn't, they don't want their players having more than 10 days without a game, as they'll want match sharpness.

You could make the same case for us playing Spurs 4 days before the FA Cup SF.
It's possible Spurs will rest a couple, although it's guaranteed Liverpool will, as they have a big game either side of their game against Stoke.

Liverpool will want top 3 not 4th and I'm not sure any time is a good time to play them right now.
Well I agree that even a weakened Liverpool team will be tough for Stoke to beat, and hopefully those standing in will be trying to get themselves a place in the CL team.

Massive result for us today though. 2 wins and 2 draws or 3 wins is a tough ask for Stoke.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Joe Hart has become a shocking goalkeeper, he shouldn't be anywhere near the England team.

2. West Ham are not out of the woods - Arsenal, Citeh, Leicester, Man Utd and Everton is a tricky run in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here