Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should the Foxes really be quite this confident?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So you read the thread title and then answered another question.

Whatever matey.

Are you ok? What are you on about :lolol:

The thread title asks if the foxes should be so confident and then points to a foxes fan predicting a 2-1 away win.

I have commented that a Leicester fan commenting on a Leicester forum that Leicester will win a match is hardly being overconfident and is, franky, the norm for a football fan, hence it being a "shocker".

I hope that helps. What an odd exchange.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So they cant make homophobic chants but it is OK for you to start ball rolling by calling them knuckle draggers. Prat

Have we actually reached the point where fans cannot take the piss out of each other? Be it so called homophobia (easy stereotype) or saying people are not too intellectual (knuckle dragger)? Welcome to an eternity of boredom.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The more convinced the Leicester fans are that they should be beating little old Brighton, the better. Their disappointment if they don't will be all the greater (and funnier).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Has anyone actually read the Leicester thread ? Not a lot of arrogance shown on there at all really......plenty of them expecting a draw or loss, several saying we've improved a lot etc etc (and despite multiple comments confirming his suspension, several saying Knockaert will score, and although he can't play, Ulloa :laugh:)

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/115326-brighton-ha-v-leicester-city/?page=3

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Be interesting to see how we cope with the Vardy conundrum. Of course we want to push on and try win this game but he is arguably the worst player to leave space in behind against. Be interesting to see how Chris sets this one up.

Sure, you can always go with the "play your own game" logic but I genuinely think Vardy is one of the few in the prem who you really have to specifically consider adapting to. Even if he hasn't got ALL that much space in behind he has still scored goals this season where he has hit it on the volley over his shoulder.

I'll also be keen to see if Bong is clearly trying to push Mahrez onto the right foot each time. He has been devastating in the last few weeks when cutting back.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My God I despise Leicester.

I wonder when the first homophobic chant will come on Saturday from those knuckle draggers. Quite
soon if the away fixture is anything to go by.

Odd, we parked a couple of miles from the ground and walked to and from the game with loads of friendly Leicester fans. One offered to buy us a pint at the return fixture (I will look out for him). It's one of the few away grounds I've EVER been to where I haven't noticed any homophobic nonsense and I've been there three times.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Be interesting to see how we cope with the Vardy conundrum. Of course we want to push on and try win this game but he is arguably the worst player to leave space in behind against. Be interesting to see how Chris sets this one up.

Sure, you can always go with the "play your own game" logic but I genuinely think Vardy is one of the few in the prem who you really have to specifically consider adapting to. Even if he hasn't got ALL that much space in behind he has still scored goals this season where he has hit it on the volley over his shoulder.

I'll also be keen to see if Bong is clearly trying to push Mahrez onto the right foot each time. He has been devastating in the last few weeks when cutting back.

We’ll likely see a few epic sliding blocks from Dunk. Hopefully he won’t get himself on the wrong side of the scoresheet again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Odd, we parked a couple of miles from the ground and walked to and from the game with loads of friendly Leicester fans. One offered to buy us a pint at the return fixture (I will look out for him). It's one of the few away grounds I've EVER been to where I haven't noticed any homophobic nonsense and I've been there three times.

Same here - they were absolutely fine outside the ground. Had a few chats on the walk to and from there from where we parked and very friendly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We really were abysmal that day though, I can see why he thought that.

Maybe, but I'm not sure a single game, two matches into the season, is really a basis for a trained journalist to make that sort of unequivocal declaration.

I thought Arsenal were abysmal when they played at the Amex a few weeks ago, but nobody suggested they were League One quality as a result.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe, but I'm not sure a single game, two matches into the season, is really a basis for a trained journalist to make that sort of unequivocal declaration.

I thought Arsenal were abysmal when they played at the Amex a few weeks ago, but nobody suggested they were League One quality as a result.

No maybe about it, we really were, but they are paid for an opinion even after two games, otherwise it would be pretty boring read. They have to offer something, as ill informed as it’s proven to be, perhaps he wants people to ‘shoot him down’, so that he is ‘relevant’.

Though I have to say after that, I couldn’t work out where a goal would come from, our best effort was a 30 yard pea-roller from Hemed....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hard to call this one, could go either way, though I have predicted a draw which would be acceptable I think.
A win against Hudds and then we can play more freely for the rest of the season.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's the view of one Leicester fan - so I wouldn't say all Foxes are that confident. In fact, after having a quick look the thread on their site, many are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here