Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
February 1984. Watford (FA Cup Fifth Round)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Bolton at Burnden Park in the FA Cup in 1992.
Freezing, raining, couldn't see a third of the pitch, loved the moat, funny northern tannoy guy, standard Macca penalty conceded (RIP big man)

Lost 2-1, but Raph Meade actually looked good!

Bolton manager was Phil 'yes boss' Neal

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bolton at Burnden Park in the FA Cup in 1992.
Freezing, raining, couldn't see a third of the pitch, loved the moat, funny northern tannoy guy, standard Macca penalty conceded (RIP big man)

Lost 2-1, but Raph Meade actually looked good!

Bolton manager was Phil 'yes boss' Neal

I went to that game, Meade equalised and I thought we would go on and win it, but alas.

Bloody grim ground, grim fans, in a grim town.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Fulham away in about 1990 I think... was on bonfire night and we won 1-0 I think with a goal on the break by Codnor.

Remember there were only about 400-500 Albion there. My cousin and I sat with my dad in the riverside stand and couldn’t believe it when my dad told us that Fulham has been a powerhouse in the past and not too long before had a team with Best, Bobby Moore and our own Barry Lloyd in it playing in front of 30k plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Away to Wrexham at the Racecourse Ground on 19th August 1978. Boiling hot and a tedious 0-0 draw. My mate John and I were on our way home from a camping trip in Scotland. Took a week to get back to Sussex. Also caught the first home match of the season, leaving all the camping gear in the back of my old Reliant Robin parked just outside Hove station, before finally getting back to Seaford after 8 weeks away. Second away match was the last game of the same season, which couldn't have been less boring!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here