Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That cross

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having now seen it a dozen times in as many seconds, I'd like to complain about Schelotto. Why the hell did he turn away from goal before we'd scored? If Cech had saved it, Schelotto should have been en-route to the rebound.

One of 2 things happened:-

Schelotto realised his work was done and as right back was now hideously out of place.

Or, the more likely scenario

Someone in the North Stand threw a rabbit shaped squeaky toy, and he set off to fetch it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Completely agree with OP, deserves its own thread. It annoyed me watching it on both BBC and Sky highlights that all the commentary was about the (admittedly shite) defending, especially giving it away in the first place and then the defenders/keeper who might have done better.

But if that had been Beckham in his pomp, they would all have been creaming themselves about the quality of Gross's delivery. If the cross had not been inch perfect, it would not have been a goal. He took out the two defenders in the middle and the goalkeeper at a stroke.

I seem to remember Ruud Gullit on MOTD2 just sayin in his own inimitable way "I like that cross". That spoke volumes.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
One of 2 things happened:-

Schelotto realised his work was done and as right back was now hideously out of place.

Or, the more likely scenario

Someone in the North Stand threw a rabbit shaped squeaky toy, and he set off to fetch it.

Looks to me like he expected the goalie to save it comfortably. He's turning into a favourite player for me, a la Peter Smith

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I don't think Glenn would have scored if Gordon Banks was in goal. (ask Mullers)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

A think of great beauty, almost as though it was tied up in nice paper and ribbon with a label saying "please head here".

The more I watch it the more I am conscious of the number of heads going into hands behind the goal as it goes in. I know that this bit of commentary came later on in the game but it deserves to have "...and Arsenal are all over the place..." added to the soundtrack.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here