Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A guide on Brighton 2016/17 from Brentford.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
"A run of seven league games without a win, including their first defeat of the season at the hands of Middlesbrough, over the Christmas and New Year period saw them drop to sixth but the additions of Rajiv van La Parra [Wolverhampton Wanderers] and James Wilson [Manchester United] in the January loan window added renewed impetus to The Seagulls' season."

No mention in that article of Skalak and Knockaert..???

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
"A run of seven league games without a win, including their first defeat of the season at the hands of Middlesbrough, over the Christmas and New Year period saw them drop to sixth but the additions of Rajiv van La Parra [Wolverhampton Wanderers] and James Wilson [Manchester United] in the January loan window added renewed impetus to The Seagulls' season."

No mention in that article of Skalak and Knockaert..???

Sidwell?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Something from that article:

Average league attendance: 25,583 (2014/15: 25,644)

So we got more the previous season when we finished 20th?! I guess we lost quite a few STHs, but even so that's very surprising.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

So we got more the previous season when we finished 20th?! I guess we lost quite a few STHs, but even so that's very surprising.

We also had a lot less Saturday 3.00 kick off's (the last one was February), and away support in general seemed lower.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

We also had a lot less Saturday 3.00 kick off's (the last one was February), and away support in general seemed lower.

The overall drop in attendance can actually be blamed on the away support, as [MENTION=14282]Quinney[/MENTION] says. Average "home" support was up about 250 per game over the previous season, but the average away support was down by about 330 compared to 2014-15. Plus, it should be remembered that these figures are tickets sold, rather than physical attendance; I'm sure the actual number of bodies at games was quite a bit higher in 2015-16 than the season before.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here