[Football] WC 3rd/4th Play off match

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bronze medals for each team, or whatever the football equivalent in football is. No need to play this farcical match that nobody wants ever again.
In fact, if England flew home and said, 'Belgium, you can have f*****ng 3rd. place for all we care', I wouldn't be bothered.

On the other hand, several Belgian players will be playing against the Albion in the PL next season. Come on England - go out there and cripple them!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Give the other squad members a chance to see what they can do.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I know that Croatia won it in 1998, and Italy in 1990, otherwise not a clue. Chance for Kane to make sure of the golden boot I suppose,

Kane is still two goals ahead of Lukaku, so I'd like to see him win it.

It also means more money for England from FIFA. I know it seems pointless, but if we get some more money, that can be invested in the youth teams, then that can't be bad.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Completely and utterly pointless.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's like one of those reality TV programmes, say Strictly Come Dancing.

The poor losing semi-finalists, bereft of energy and utterly devastated are then forced to perform once more for the viewers.

They don't want to be there, and the viewers have done all the polite applause and mock commiserations.

We're out and it's time to bugger off home. I should imagine the players wish for nothing else.

... With the added extra of actually having to stick around for 2/3 odd days to prepare for and build up to the game. Utterly pointless, must be so shit for the lads.

I couldn't tell you who won the 3rd/4th playoff game in any tournament since I was old enough to remember ?!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It is a shame FIFA think they need to add more rubbish teams to the finals when they could just expand what they have.

Have a placing tournament running parallel with the actually World cup knock outs

3rd 4th go into a knock out

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Bound to give the FA an idea. Losing FA Cup semi finalists to play at Wembley on the Friday night. Heck, we'll all be there for that one.
Meanwhile Gareth has a team selection headache. First on the team-sheet, anyone who hasn't played yet. The two goalies play 45 each. Kane on in the last 15 if it looks like he may miss the golden boot.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Bound to give the FA an idea. Losing FA Cup semi finalists to play at Wembley on the Friday night. Heck, we'll all be there for that one.
Meanwhile Gareth has a team selection headache. First on the team-sheet, anyone who hasn't played yet. The two goalies play 45 each. Kane on in the last 15 if it looks like he may miss the golden boot.

Why would it give the FA an idea? World Cup 3rd place play offs have been played for decades. In 1966, Portugal beat the then Soviet Union 2-1 (ok I had to Google that)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here