Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
o8w0w3.jpg

:ffsparr: :tosser::lolol::facepalm:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
That could all happen yes but there are many cases where the cheaper option prevails. If you are within a union then the overwhelming voice lends it's weight.
Tomorrow we can buy cheaper sofas from China and India. (Well not just yet but you get my jist) They may be made from combustible materials and not conform to our previous E.U. Legislation. You will have to trust our countries politicians now. The thing is, these things have happened under the E.U. So why leave where they might not. Don't forget we have been at the forefront encouraging newer members as they joined and had to conform and adhere.
No say now.

For thickies like me, at what stage are we unable to buy products from safety conscious Europe? When we start the leave process?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I'd be worried about the future if your a representation of it.

Wet blanket.

Be thankful that people with experience who rebuilt this country after a world war and have proper life experience have taken this decision.

I'm sure your 17 years ''life experience'' of hand shandy's when your mums out, popping zits in the mirror and shopping for skinny jeans doesn't really qualify you to decide what's right for this country and its future I'm afraid.

I'm replying to you, but there was a few others who essentially did the same thing [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] ect. Why because I'm 17, does that mean that my future should not be mine to decide, or my opinion is suddenly invalid. Think I'm off to Germany, currently studying German A-level so shouldn't be too difficult to pick up the rest of the language. Would rather not stay and see Britain slowly crumble into Farage-Land. Anyone know any good stream sites so I can catch the Albion games?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
structural funding to areas hit by industrial decline;
clean beaches and rivers;
cleaner air;
lead free petrol;
restrictions on landfill dumping;
a recycling culture;
cheaper mobile charges;
cheaper air travel;
improved consumer protection and food labelling;
a ban on growth hormones and other harmful food additives;
better product safety;
single market competition bringing quality improvements and better industrial performance;
break up of monopolies;
Europe-wide patent and copyright protection;
no paperwork or customs for exports throughout the single market;
price transparency and removal of commission on currency exchanges across the eurozone;
freedom to travel, live and work across Europe;
funded opportunities for young people to undertake study or work placements abroad;
access to European health services;
labour protection and enhanced social welfare;
smoke-free workplaces;
equal pay legislation;
holiday entitlement;
the right not to work more than a 48-hour week without overtime;
strongest wildlife protection in the world;
improved animal welfare in food production;
EU-funded research and industrial collaboration;
EU representation in international forums;
bloc EEA negotiation at the WTO;
EU diplomatic efforts to uphold the nuclear non-proliferation treaty;
European arrest warrant;
cross border policing to combat human trafficking, arms and drug smuggling; OK THATS A BAD ONE counter terrorism intelligence;
European civil and military co-operation in post-conflict zones in Europe and Africa;
support for democracy and human rights across Europe and beyond;
investment across Europe contributing to better living standards and educational, social and cultural capital.
All of this is nothing compared with its greatest achievements: the EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace between European neighbours after centuries of bloodshed.
It furthermore assisted the extraordinary political, social and economic transformation of 13 former dictatorships, now EU members, since 1980.

Your go.

But what has the EU ever done for us apart from the above?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm replying to you, but there was a few others who essentially did the same thing @BigGully ect. Why because I'm 17, does that mean that my future should not be mine to decide, or my opinion is suddenly invalid. Think I'm off to Germany, currently studying German A-level so shouldn't be too difficult to pick up the rest of the language. Would rather not stay and see Britain slowly crumble into Farage-Land. Anyone know any good stream sites so I can catch the Albion games?

:bigwave:

Better off without QUITTERS like you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes it is. At least according to us.
That's wiki, which doesn't speak for me. Look up what makes a country - sovereignty (control of borders), currency, army, etc etc. Scotland, like England, have none of that. Scotland can't choose to have a referendum, they have to ask the UK. If they won independence, then they'd be a country.

Of course I am aware that people like to pretend they're a country, but they're not.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That could all happen yes but there are many cases where the cheaper option prevails. If you are within a union then the overwhelming voice lends it's weight.
Tomorrow we can buy cheaper sofas from China and India. (Well not just yet but you get my jist) They may be made from combustible materials and not conform to our previous E.U. Legislation. You will have to trust our countries politicians now. The thing is, these things have happened under the E.U. So why leave where they might not. Don't forget we have been at the forefront encouraging newer members as they joined and had to conform and adhere.
No say now.

what about the old British standards we had before, like the Kite mark?

And what about consumer power? - they can help dictate what standards we demand for our products or don't you trust the British people to be able to shop without having the Eu telling us whats safe and whats not?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:bigwave:

Better off without QUITTERS like you.

All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials.

Thought this was quite relevant. Wouldn't say a quitter as such, just would rather not be involved in the way we're going.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm replying to you, but there was a few others who essentially did the same thing [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] ect. Why because I'm 17, does that mean that my future should not be mine to decide, or my opinion is suddenly invalid. Think I'm off to Germany, currently studying German A-level so shouldn't be too difficult to pick up the rest of the language. Would rather not stay and see Britain slowly crumble into Farage-Land. Anyone know any good stream sites so I can catch the Albion games?

That's it then you're moving to the dark side.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
what about the old British standards we had before, like the Kite mark?

And what about consumer power? - they can help dictate what standards we demand for our products or don't you trust the British people to be able to shop without having the Eu telling us whats safe and whats not?

What's wrong with sharing standards? Are we going to start selling products to the EU in imperial weights and measures now?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

There has never been one culture in human history anywhere on this planet at anytime that deemed a 17 year old wiser as his/hers elders, not one.

You really are not scared and I am guessing you wont really emigrate, you are not at your pinnacle of your political viewpoint, your just a snapshot of your younger self and you will change as perhaps we all do.

Ultimately you are upset because the majority didnt agree with you, its a little tantrum from a young and immature guy, it will pass, good luck in hiding your sock, I mean in your A levels :)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
There has never been one culture in human history anywhere on this planet at anytime that deemed a 17 year old wiser as his/hers elders, not one.

You really are not scared and I am guessing you wont really emigrate, you are not at your pinnacle of your political viewpoint, your just a snapshot of your younger self and you will change as perhaps we all do.

Ultimately you are upset because the majority didnt agree with you, its a little tantrum from a young and immature guy, it will pass, good luck in hiding your sock, I mean in your A levels :)

Obviously you won't see it until too late, but my view is the Majority has made a terrible mistake, and the decision is wrong. I despise the self-righteous idea of age=knowledge, but hey.

EDIT: Ph, and by the way- "little tantrum from a young and immature guy"

good luck in hiding your sock, I mean in your A levels :) I'm the immature one? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here