Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton on Manager of the Season shortlist

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
To be fair Dyche has worked miracles though and (through clenched teeth) really does deserve it.

How do you think you'll do next season with the 'distraction' of Europe?

Impossible to predict until the make-up of the squad is known (incomings and outgoings). Ben Mee could leave in a big-money move and either Nick Pope or Tom Heaton:(

Don't think we'll finish top 10 but should be safe from relegation worries as long as Dyche is in charge.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Impossible to predict until the make-up of the squad is known (incomings and outgoings). Ben Mee could leave in a big-money move and either Nick Pope or Tom Heaton:(

Don't think we'll finish top 10 but should be safe from relegation worries as long as Dyche is in charge.

Why hasnt (or has he) been lined up/targetted for a 'bigger' club

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I quite like Hodgson, but the reason Palarse are staying up is almost solely down to Zaha. This season: 28 games with Zaha = 41 points; 9 games without Zaha = zero points. Palace have a few decent players, but their reliance on one individual is clear to see. Next season could be interesting if they sell him...

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....

The link goes straight to FaceBook and requires you to sign in. The Premier League are f**king useless wankers relying on an unethical American company to collate their survey results. Tossers.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I quite like Hodgson, but the reason Palarse are staying up is almost solely down to Zaha. This season: 28 games with Zaha = 41 points; 9 games without Zaha = zero points. Palace have a few decent players, but their reliance on one individual is clear to see. Next season could be interesting if they sell him...

Who to? Man U had their chance...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I assume you didn't click on the link on the Albion site, it takes you straight to Facebook, so as far as I can see its still only via Facebook

Clicked and voted and confirmed. No problem and I too am not on Facebook???

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The link goes straight to FaceBook and requires you to sign in. The Premier League are f**king useless wankers relying on an unethical American company to collate their survey results. Tossers.

Sorry, not sure why. I didn't have a problem and it confirmed my vote. I don't use social media.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Whoops sorry - my mistake. The website took me to my son's Facebook and I didn't notice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dyche by a mile. Many pundits were tipping Burnley to go down but they've been strong and consistent all season and have ended up qualifying for Europe. This is once-in-a-lifetime stuff of dreams for those Burnley fans.

Citeh have been excellent but we've never seen spending like it to assemble that squad it comes as no surprise they've won the league by a big margin. The 3 subs that came on against us on opening day cost over £100mill - the subs!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Dyche badly let down by his players for the first time this season against Arsenal. Put up no resistance. I'd hope they'll be fired up for Smug Eddie's visit on Sunday.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Hodgson is and has always been a good and likeable manager. But there's no way he should be on that list. The media seem to be making a big deal out of Palace's start to the season, and deducing that recovering from that is some sort of miracle of Redknapp proportions.

In reality, despite the losing streak, they were never more than a couple of points off the pace. Bournemouth's start was almost as bad but nobody seems to be putting forward Eddie Howe for awards (rightly so). Palace have a decent squad, with various expensively acquired signings, that is nowhere near as bad as some other teams down near the bottom. Hodgson has merely got them playing, in some games, not all, roughly somewhere near to the standard that they should be expected to. That's not award-worthy: it's the bare minimum that would have been expected. I'm pretty sure they weren't aiming to be *just* surviving this season. And I doubt their players are going to be hugging and high fiving each other when their safety is confirmed mathematically, as frankly they should have done a lot better. Essentially, this season has been a disappointment for them.

I think he has done very well, it's just a shame he had to do it for them! On paper they have a good team but they have had to contest with a hell of a lot of injuries throughout the season and their star striker has been complete pants. He's has had to continually shift around players to plug the gaps.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can't stand him either but I don't really know why [emoji848]

No way it'll be CH. As great as he's been, there have been more impressive achievements by others.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That never stops Liverpool players and Managers winning these public votes because all the Scousers with time on their hands voting ''En Mass''

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ummm, Pep Guardiola SURELY? They could get 100 points. They play amazing football. It shouldn't always be the championship-winning manager that wins this award, but this season it surely should be.

Couldn't agree more, Dyche has done a great job, but there is a lot of shite in this league and it goes to show the ever present gap between the top 6 and the rest.

Pep Guardiola on the other hand may have spent a fair bit of money,but the way they have won the league has been incredible, they are in a league of their own this season. Absolutely destroyed the Premier League.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Dyche by a mile. Many pundits were tipping Burnley to go down but they've been strong and consistent all season and have ended up qualifying for Europe. This is once-in-a-lifetime stuff of dreams for those Burnley fans.

Citeh have been excellent but we've never seen spending like it to assemble that squad it comes as no surprise they've won the league by a big margin. The 3 subs that came on against us on opening day cost over £100mill - the subs!

We've ALWAYS seen spending like it to assemble title-winning squads. Name the last title-winning squad that wasn't put together by massive spending. It doesn't matter that what the numbers are or how many naughts on the end, all that matters is that you're able to pay more than the competition. There is more and more money in football these days, you can't just say £100m on three subs and compare with the past, christ Brighton had £19m worth of transfer fees on the bench against Man Utd - Brighton! £27m if you include the last fee paid for Ulloa

What we have very rarely seen is a side that is so dominant, plays such attractive football, that comes along very rarely. Guardiola winning the league with that spending isn't surprising. Guardiola putting together the best side, imo, that we've ever seen in England - that deserves reward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here